Tales of the Abyss
Developer(s): Namco (Tales Studio)
Genre: RPG Fighting Minigames
Game review links: Metacritic
Game review score: 78/100
Game description: J-RPG with Active Battle in beat 'em up style and a neat story! NewGame+! experience with previous titles of the series not needed
||x1.5, INTC Sync, IOP 2x, idle loop, FPS: 55 - 60 (capped). You may want to try using speed hacks, but all cycle modifying speedhacks (sync hacks) are likely to break the game such as loose music and crash in battles.||KabooZ|
- To allow 3 and 4 player support, enable multitap on the emulator for port 2, and port 2 on Lilypad ((r4510)0.10.0 and up) plugin. Controls for each player then becomes 1 = Player one, 2A= Player 2, 2B= Player 3, 2C= Player 4.
Ghosting at higher resolution
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: If you use a higher resolution than native "ghost" effect will occur
- Workaround: If you use a higher resolution than native add pixoff_x=-8, pixoff_y=-8 to your GSDX.ini and if the "ghost" problem still exists try different values (works only on/after rev1650 or GSDX 0.1.15).
- Alternatively: A TotA-specific build of GSDX also fixed this.
- Alternatively: If you are using custom resolution set in 1920x1080, just use TCoffsetX:450/Y:350. You don´t need any other hack if you do this.
- Alternatively: As of gsdx2693, just set UserHacks_SkipDraw to '1' to fix this problem. (Can cause slowdown)
- Alternatively: As of PCSX 1.0.0 with GSDX 5334 (0.1.16) it seems that ghosting can be fixed by using Native or Native x1-x6 resolution.
Note: When you set Skipdraw to 1, you'll have to use Shadeboost and increase the Brightness to max. Because you'll lose the bloom entirely in the game, causing things to become darker.;