Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Publisher(s): Atlus (JP, US), Ghostlight (EU), SCEA (US)
Game review links: : 84/100, : 82/100
Game description: Set in postapocalyptic Tokyo, Japan, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne takes you to a world where nearly the entire population is annihilated by a worldwide catastrophe called the Conception. Now the fate of the entire world lies on the shoulders of one boy, who must battle his way through opposing demonic forces, master the powers of Magatama, and persuade demons to join your party. Some demons may evolve into new forms on their own or can be fused into more powerful monsters.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is a continuation of the popular role-playing series, set in our modern world. It's an average day, as a typical Japanese high school student goes to the hospital, for a visit with his sick teacher. While on the train, he gets a mysterious vision that the Apocalypse is coming. Arriving at the hospital, the boy is sucked into a Vortex Field, into a dark mirror-image of his world. When he learns our world is ending to make room for this new one, he'll do what he can to get back home and (hopefully) stop the Apocalypse.
||pre 0.9.7 Beta (r1888)||GSdx (r2693)||
||The game can be run at full speed without speed hacks. There is some minor graphical problem such as the shadows of the characters, but it cannot be fixed by changing setting.||CKL|
||1.0.0 (r5350)||GSdx 0.1.16 (r5334)||
||BIOS: USA v01.60, Turning on interlacing in GSdx plugin will remove screen flicker. Blend bff seems to look the best and auto setting will also default to this mode.||Nameless One|
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), Not Requires good hardware to work fine.|
||v1.5.0||GSdx||SPU2-X||Game working fine.|
|NTSC-U||Win7 ultimate x64 sp1||
||BIOS: Japan v02.20. Runs Perfect. OpenGL Hardware, looking gorgeous at 5x Native, Allow 8bit textures, texture filtering bilinear, mipmapping basic, crc full, fxaa enabled, everything else default (info added February 7 2017)||stratos|
- Original names: 真・女神転生 III ノクターン (SLPM-65242) & (SLPM-65241) & (SLPM-74205), 真・女神転生III ノクターン マニアクス (SLPM-65462), 진 여신전생 3: 녹턴 (SLKA-25076), 真・女神転生III ノクターン マニアクス クロニクル・エディション (SLPM-66681), 진 여신전생 3: 녹턴 매니악스 (SLKA-25160)
- Also known as Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (JP), Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax (JP), Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call (EU)
Glitchy character shadows
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Characters shadows are either glitched or missing.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and set Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)". Or switch to Software Mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options. Alternatively for Direct 3D9 and 11 (Hardware), go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, set CRC Hack Level to "None", turn on "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and enable the "Alpha" hack. This, however, will make NPCs, some objects and shadows cast by object visible through walls.
Inaccurate effects during the opening
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: During the opening with the woman's voice the white effect is not emulated properly in hardware renderers
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, set Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" and set Blending Unit Accuracy to at least "High".