Developer(s): Insomniac Games
Publisher(s): SCEA (US), SCEE (EU), SCEI (AS, JP, KO), SCE Australia (AU), SCE Korea (KO)
Genre: Action, Shooter, Arcade
Game review links: : 8.6/10, : 81/100
Game description: In Ratchet: Deadlocked, Ratchet and Clank are captured and forced to compete on an underground reality combat sport show. The show, which features abducted heroes fighting for their lives against a gruesome gang of deadly Exterminators, is run by a deranged media mogul named Gleeman Vox, who intends to use Ratchet and Clank as his next contestants. It doesn't take Vox long to realize that Ratchet is the most promising contestant the show has ever seen. Vox subjects our hero to a series of deadly battles and elaborate games of death, much to the delight of the show's enormous audience. To keep himself and his friends alive, Ratchet has no choice but to participate in the games and keep driving up the show's ratings with spectacular victories -- at least until our heroes can figure out a way to break free from Vox's control, the explosive Deadlock collar fastened to his neck, and bring the mighty Vox Network crashing down. Ratchet: Deadlocked features non-linear gameplay, allowing players greater freedom to choose their missions. In addition, all single-player levels will be available for multiplayer use. With much of the combat taking place in battlefields and arenas, gameplay will be more sports-oriented and will include announcer commentary. Featuring a new mission-structure approach, players will be rewarded with a constant progression of items such as weapons, armor and health. Players can take advantage of the new co-op gameplay functionality available throughout the game by choosing either single-player or multiplayer story mode. In addition, squad-based gameplay will enable players to demolish the competition by commandeering their allied combat bots through critical and strategic battles.
Play as Ratchet when he gets kidnapped and he's forced to take part in mysterious arena battles to survive!!!
||1.0.0 (r5350)||GSdx r5324 0.1.16||
||BIOS: USA v1.60 ,
• Enabled speedhacks: EE cyclerate (2), VU cycle stealing (1) • With the above in mind, it runs full speed 60 fps most of the time, but drops down to 40-50 fps when many things onscreen (bolts, enemies, etc).
||1.1.0 r5492||GSdx 5464 SSE41||
||Runs at 50% speed., Textures are corrupt if gsdx is in hardware mode. Looks fine in software mode.|
||1.2.1||GSDX 10||SPU2-X r5830 2.0.0||This game is playable. It lags on even the best computers and the textures completely glitch.||RobertasACDC|
||1.3.0-20140805121745||GSdx||SPU2-X||Used all recommended speedhacks, EE cyclerate 2, and VU stealing 1. Using hardware mode, it ran at playable speeds with lag when there are a lot of on screen elements.||Clank|
- Original names: ラチェット&クランク4th ギリギリ銀河のギガバトル (SCPS-15100), ラチェット&クランク4th ギリギリ銀河のギガバトル PlayStation®2 the Best (SCPS-19321) & (SCPS-19328)
- Also known as Ratchet & Clank 4th: GiriGiri Ginga no Giga Battle (JP, AS), Ratchet: Gladiator (EU, AU)
- Widescreen crops the top and bottom of the 4:3 image, meaning less visible viewing area than when played in 4:3.
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Garbage textures until you stand close to objects due to GSdx not supporting mip-mapping in hardware mode.
- Workaround: Run the game in software mode (F9), this however will cause a considerable speed hit. To minimize the speed hit, set "Extra rendering threads" to one less than the number of CPU cores that you have.