Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Developer(s): Rockstar North
Publisher(s): Rockstar Games (US, EU, AU, JP), Capcom (JP), SCEA (US)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 95/100, : 95/100
Game description: Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.
||0.9.8 RC r4463||GSdx r4459||
||BIOS: USA 2.0, FPS: 60/60, PAL last tested with 0.9.4 with complains of reflections covering the screen, probably playable with 0.9.8.||Machina|
||1.1.0 r5480||GSdx 5442 SSE41||
||Runs above full speed.|
||1.1.0 r5576||GSdx r5464 SSSE3||
||Fast and smooth it is.|
||1.1.0 5732||GSdx32 r5732 AVX||
||BIOS: EUR 2.0, FPS: 4-60, works just on software renderer dx11 or dx9. msaa 4x, alpha, halfpixel,sprite,wildarmsoffset,agressivce-crc,alpha stencil. texture filtering, allow 8bit textures, enable hw hacks ! Speedhacks: EE 2 , VU 1. intc,loop detection, mvu flag hack and mtvu active !||Xeo|
||Europe v01.70(27/02/2003), MTVU, INTC Spin Detection, Enable Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag Hack, Goes from Ingame to Playable. Game works fine at a good speed, very dark however due to light being removed via CRC patch. I recommend you enable Shadeboost and put the brightness slider to about 85 to achieve the brightness seen in the screenshot above.|
|NTSC||Windows 8.1 Professional x64||
||BIOS: USA 2.2.0(10/02/2006)
|PAL-M5||Windows 8.1, x64||
||Nightly - v1.7.2095
||build-in||Europe v02.00(14/06/2004), Playable, The game runs at 1080p and 1440p (2K) 50 FPS, without freezes, brakes and bugs.|
|PAL||Linux Mint 19.1||
||1.4.0||GSdx (GCC 7.3.0, SSE2) 1.0.0 [libGSdx-1.0.0]||SPU2-X 2.0.0 [libspu2x-2.0.0]||BIOS: Europe v02.00 FPS 48/50 (Pal games run only at 50fps). OpenGL Hardware , Shade Boost all Set to 50, Full Depth Emulation ,Internal Resolution X2 Native , Blending Unit Accuracy Basic , Automatic CRC Level Full , Speed Hacks UV Cycle Stealing Set To 1. Only player the first level but everything seems fine as far more testing might be needed.||Logeater|
- Original names: グランド・セフト・オート・サンアンドレアス (SLPM-65984) & (SLPM-66788) & (SLPM-55292)
- This game has Vert- widescreen issues, meaning the vertical FOV becomes smaller than intended if the player uses an aspect ratio above 4:3. This issue can be solved using widescreen hacks.
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: The game utilizes a bloom layer that also doubles as a haze/fog dof which is meant to protrude outwards of any buildings/trees/etc that you see. It's entirely intentional by design but when upscaling it really looks off to people playing this game.
- Workaround: My recommendation is to set the Skipdraw hack to 7,7 to remove this effect entirely and compensate for the minor loss of brightness/saturation through the use of the Shadeboost post-process.
- Some people might recommend using Texture Offsets to align the effect instead, but due to how it's scaled larger than the image you see in order to protrude, it won't have a great effect at all.
Semi-transparent image overlay
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: Reflections and/or semi-transparent images can cover the screen at random.
- Workaround: This has been corrected through automatic hardware hacks in 1.7.X. For older versions, you will need to enable the Autoflush hack to work around it. Ancient versions can instead change the CRC Hack Level to Partial or higher.
Pink vehicle dirt
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: The dirt on car appear as a pink color.
- Workaround: Has been corrected since version 1.7.2010 (CLUT fix).
Game freezes during "Reuniting The Families" mission
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Major
- Description: Game freezes when the cops start descending from the chopper, exactly when the game is supposed to slow down, when the pilot says "All units, rock n' roll".
- Workaround: Has been corrected since version 1.7.2041. For older versions, either skip the cutscene before the bug triggers or set the EE Clamping Mode to at least to "Extra + Preserve Sign".