| Crash Nitro Kart
Crash Nitro Kart Cover Art
| Game general and emulation properties:
SLUS-20649GH (Greatest Hits)
||November 11, 2003|
December 2004 (Greatest Hits)
||November 28, 2003|
December 4, 2003 (Australia)
August 27, 2004 (Platinum)
SLPM-66067 (Konami the Best)
VW204-J2 (Konami the Best)
||July 8, 2004|
July 7, 2005 (Konami the Best)
Developer(s): Vicarious Visions
Publisher(s): Vivendi Universal Games (US, EU, AU), Konami (JP)
Game review links: Metacritic: 69/100
Game description: Crash hits the track in his fastest adventure yet--Crash Nitro Kart. Kidnapped by the ruthless Emperor Velo and forced to race in his galactic coliseum, Crash must race his way to victory in order to save the Earth from destruction--but it won't be easy, as he must compete against foes both old and new before a final showdown with Velo himself. Crash Nitro Kart mixes 18 rollercoaster raceways, devastating weapons, a variety of single and multiplayer modes and maps, and customizable arenas, and a cast of unique characters into a game that showcases kart-racing at its best.
Test configurations on Windows:
||Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 4GB RAM
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
- ASUS GeForce 9600GT 1GB v301.42
||GSdx 5334 (MSVC 16.00, SSE2) 0.1.16
- SPU2-X r5324 2.0.0
- LilyPad svn (r5282) 0.11.0
|BIOS: Europe v02.00 (14/06/2004), HACKS: EE Cyclerate: 1, VU Cycle Stealing: 0, All speedhacks excluding Fast CDVD and MTVU , Runs excellently
- AMD FX-4350 Quad 4.20ghz
- Sapphire AMD R9 270X
||GSdx 5334 AVX Direct 3D 11 Hardware
||SPU2-X r5324 2.0.0
||Very good frame rate on 4x Scaling, Direct11 Hardware, could scale more with more effect maybe, have not played whole game will do soon. Edit:Game crashes PCSX2 after about 10 minutes of playing.
- Intel Core i7 @ 3.4Ghz
- Nvidia GTX 285 768MB
||GSdx 5570 SSE41
- SPU2-X 2.0.0
- LilyPad 0.11.0
|Runs above full speed., VU1 must be in SuperVU mode or game will not load. Switching to it while ingame will make it instantly hang.
- Also known as Crash Bandicoot Bakusou! Nitro Kart (JP)
Bottom of the screen blur
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: Using Hardware renderer and higher than native scaling causes a blurred bar to appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Workaround: The issue has been fixed as of git build pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-407, for earlier versions use native resolution or software renderer to avoid the issue.
Blackscreen at boot
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: Game freezes on the first loading screen.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks tab, and disable the "MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1)" speedhack.