Wild Arms 3
Developer(s): Media Vision
Publisher(s): SCEI (JP), SCEA (US), Ubisoft (EU)
Game review links: : 7.5/10, : 78/100
Game description: During desolate times on the Sea of Sand, drifters venture across the vast lands of Filgaia searching for fortune and adventure. And so begins the story of Wild Arms 3, a role-playing game that delivers an in-depth storyline, puzzling dungeons, and a unique battling system. Journey along with Virginia, Jet, Clive, and Gallows and discover the mystery behind the Prophets to revive the memories of Filgaia. Explore dungeons to unlock secret pathways and find mythical treasures. With weapons including six-shooters, a shotgun, a revolver, and a high-powered rifle, shoot-outs deliver intense cinematic battles.
||0.9.8 (r4600)||GSdx 0.1.16||
||BIOS: USA 1.60||Rethtar|
||GSdx 0.1.16 SSE4 (r5875)
||BIOS: USA 2.20, Mostly playable with solid performance. A few bugs. Read below for more information.||Deathscreton|
||GSdx 1.2.0 AVX2
||BIOS: USA 2.30, Native x6, Texture Filtering "Bilinear (Forced Excluding Sprite)", Anisotropic Filtering 16x, Blending Accuracy "Full". Fully playable with solid performance. A few visual bugs. Read below for more information.|
- Original names: ワイルドアームズ アドヴァンスドサード (SCPS-15024) & (SCPS-15023) & (SCPS-19205) & (SCPS-19323)
- Also known as Wild Arms Advanced 3rd (JP)
Bugged Chat And Battle Text
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: Text describing battle moves, text during cutscenes, text during chat scenes are bugged, primarily plagued by white dots lining the bottom and top of the text. Text might also be sliced and moved to the left or right of the text box.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings > Enable Hardware Hacks > Advanced Settings & Hacks > Enable 'Wild Arms Offset'. Alternative you can use Native resolution.
- Note: Set Texture Filtering to Bilinear (PS2), or Bilinear (Forced excluding sprite) while using the Wild Arms Offset hack. Fixed in 1.7 auto fixes
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: The entire rendered game (Text, battles, world, all of it, the entire game) micro jumps up and down. Does not affect play, however, is highly annoying.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings > Set Interlacing to 'Auto' or 'Weave bff (saw-tooth)'.
- Note: Jumping has been Patched thanks to felixthecat1970. Be sure to turn off Interlacing in GSDX Settings when running patch. Patch can be found here: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-interlacing-codes?page=31
Jet Attack Lockup
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: Jet either attacking or defending causes the game to lock up (still continues rendering) and the music to continuously loop without stop.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks > Set VU Cycle Stealing to no higher than 1.