Developer(s): Team Soho
Publisher(s): SCEE (EU), SCEA (US), Capcom (JP)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 72/100
Game description: The Getaway follows the story of two men from opposite sides of the law, who share an obsession of bringing down London's crime supremo. You'll play Mark Hammond (an ex-bank robber on the run for murdering his wife and kidnapping his child) and Frank Carter (a vigilante cop who was suspended from the Flying Squad) in multiple storylines set in London. Within the city's winding streets, indoor environments, and dangerous street corners, you must search for the manipulative crime boss and finally clear your name.
||18.104.22.16830||GSDX 5727 0.1.16||
||BIOS: USA v2.30, HACKS: none, This game runs very slowly on cutscenes (which can't be skipped), however, it runs pretty well during normal gameplay, only slowing down occasionally. If possible, you should try and obtain the NTSC-U version of this game, since the PAL version has a transparent wall glitch.||EddieHimself|
|NTSC||Windows 7 x64||
||PCSX2 1.4.0||GSDX MSVC 19.00, SSE41 1.0.0 [gsdx32-sse4]||
||Perfect emulation! to fix bugs check out my video's description! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBuuYtGNeb8|
- Original names: ゲッタウェイ (SLPM-65410), 겟어웨이 (SCKA-20018)
- The game sets to widescreen when it is prompted by the 16:9 ratio setting in the PS2 internal menu.
Semi-transparent wall in front of the character during driving
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Affected Game Versions: PAL
- Description: The PAL version has a graphical glitch, where a semi-transparent wall appears in front of the character during driving. It doesn't affect gameplay, but can prove annoying.
- Workaround: Use OpenGL hardware renderer and set Blending Unit Accuracy to High.
- The Getaway Forum 1.jpg