| The Getaway
| Game general and emulation properties:
||January 19, 2003|
January 19, 2004 (Greatest Hits)
||December 11, 2002|
September 19, 2003 (Platinum)
||November 20, 2003|
January 29, 2004 (Korea)
Developer(s): Team Soho
Publisher(s): SCEE (EU), SCEA (US), Capcom (JP)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: Metacritic: 72/100
Game description: The Getaway follows the story of two men from opposite sides of the law, who share an obsession of bringing down London's crime supremo. You'll play Mark Hammond (an ex-bank robber on the run for murdering his wife and kidnapping his child) and Frank Carter (a vigilante cop who was suspended from the Flying Squad) in multiple storylines set in London. Within the city's winding streets, indoor environments, and dangerous street corners, you must search for the manipulative crime boss and finally clear your name.
Test configurations on Windows:
- AMD FX-8350
- AMD Radeon HD 7700
||GSdx 0.1.16 (r5727)
- SPU2-X 2.0.0 (r5729)
- LilyPad 0.11.0 (r5403)
|BIOS: USA v2.30, HACKS: none, This game runs very slowly on cutscenes (which can't be skipped), however, it runs pretty well during normal gameplay, only slowing down occasionally. The PAL version has a transparent wall glitch.
||Windows 7 x64
- Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00 GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
||GSdx 1.0.0 SSE41
- Original names: ゲッタウェイ (SLPM-65410), 겟어웨이 (SCKA-20018)
- The game sets to widescreen when it is prompted by the 16:9 ratio setting in the PS2 internal menu.
Semi-transparent wall in front of the character during driving
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: A semi-transparent fog/haze wall appears at a distance.
- Workaround: For the NTSC-U version, go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and set CRC Hack Level to Full(the default option). Alternatively and for the versions from other regions set Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" and Blending Unit Accuracy to at least "High". Or set Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.