SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Developer(s): Zipper Interactive
Publisher(s): SCEA (US), SCEE (EU), SCEI (JP), SCE Australia (AU)
Genre: Action, Shooter
Game review links: IGN: 8.8/10, Metacritic: 87/100
Game description: Terrorists threaten America and her allies. As an elite SEAL commander, you must lead your team in striking important targets in 12 intense international missions and protect freedom across the globe. Overcome the obstacles in single player mode or connect to up to 16 players online in five mission types, clan challenges and 22 playable maps. Communicate with your SEALs and other special operations forces via the PS2 USB headset. Failure is not an option.
Test configurations on Windows:
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64-bit||
||0.9.9 r5128||GSDx 0.1.16 r5139||
||EE Cyclerate 3, VU Cycle Stealing 3, everything in speedhacks page enabled, Delay VIF1 Stalls (automatically applied by this PCSX2 build). Singleplayer is very playable, no visual corruption or crashes whatsoever.||Apples|
|PAL||Solus, kernel 5.1.14||
||GSdx 1.1.0 AVX2
||Playable with occasional slowdowns with the specified settings (unspecified settings at default value). Could not get the analog trigger to work for changing stance.||Ratchet66|
- Original names: ソーコムII U.S. NAVY SEALs (SCPS-15065)
- Crouching in the game (necessary for finishing parts of single player depending on your play style) requires pressure-sensitive buttons like the DualShock 2 controllers have. A workaround for controllers with analog triggers (like the Xbox 360 controller or the Logitech F310) is by swapping the L2 or R2 with the stance changing button (by default Triangle) and pressing the trigger halfway.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: FMVs are not rendered in Hardware mode.
- Workaround: For old versions of PCSX2, go to Config > Emulation Settings > Game Fixes tab, click "enable manual game fixes" and enable the "Switch to GSdx Software rendering when an FMV plays" fix.
Night vision is broken
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: Night vision does not render properly under Hardware mode. This feature plays a major effect in some missions.
- Workaround: Fixed since at least commit (075a9f3). For old versions of PCSX2 press the F9 key to switch to Software mode during these missions.
- Games rated D in Japan
- Games rated M in North America
- Games rated 16+ in Europe
- Games rated MA in Australia
- Games rated 18 in Korea
- Games support headset
- Games with special controllers
- Games support keyboard
- Games support harddrive
- Games with widescreen support
- Games with progressive support
- CPU intensive games
- Multiplayer games
- Games with English language
- Games with Japanese language
- Games with German language
- Games with French language
- Games with Spanish language
- Games with Italian language
- Games with Korean language
- Playable games
- Games by Zipper Interactive