SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs
Developer(s): Zipper Interactive
Publisher(s): SCEA (US), SCEE (EU), SCEI (JP), SCE Australia (AU)
Genre: Action, Shooter
Game review links: : 8.8/10, : 87/100
Game description: Terrorists threaten America and her allies. As an elite SEAL commander, you must lead your team in striking important targets in 12 intense international missions and protect freedom across the globe. Overcome the obstacles in single player mode or connect to up to 16 players online in five mission types, clan challenges and 22 playable maps. Communicate with your SEALs and other special operations forces via the PS2 USB headset. Failure is not an option.
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64-bit||
||0.9.9 r5128||GSDx 0.1.16 r5139||
||EE Cyclerate 3, VU Cycle Stealing 3, everything in speedhacks page enabled, Delay VIF1 Stalls (automatically applied by this PCSX2 build). Singleplayer is very playable, no visual corruption or crashes whatsoever.||Apples|
- Original names: ソーコムII U.S. NAVY SEALs (SCPS-15065)
- Crouching in the game (necessary for finishing parts of single player depending on your play style) requires pressure-sensitive buttons like the DualShock 2 controllers have. A workaround for controllers with analog triggers (like the Xbox 360 controller or the Logitech F310) is by swapping the L2 or R2 with the stance changing button (by default Triangle) and pressing the trigger halfway.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: FMVs are not rendered in Hardware mode.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Game Fixes tab, click "enable manual game fixes" and enable the "Switch to GSdx Software rendering when an FMV plays" fix.
Night vision is broken
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Night vision does not render properly under Hardware mode. This feature plays a major effect in some missions.
- Workaround: Press the F9 key to switch to Software mode during these missions.