Final Fantasy XII
Developer(s): Square Enix
Genre: Role Playing Game (RPG)
Game review links: Link
Game review score: 9.5/10
Game description: Final Fantasy XII is a console role-playing video game developed and published by Square Enix for the PlayStation 2. Released in 2006, it is the twelfth title in the main Final Fantasy series and the last in the series to be released exclusively on the PS2 (not including the expansion sets to FFXI which all got released on PS2 and Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerebus). The game introduced several innovations to the series: battles occur without a transition to a separate screen; a customizable "gambit" system automatically controls the actions of characters; and a "license" system determines which abilities and equipment are used by characters.
||PCSX2 Beta 1888||GSDX 0.1.16 (2693)||SPU2-X 1.4.0 (2693)||FPS: 60||Arquliz|
||BIOS: EUR v2.00, Hacks: INTC, Wait Loop Detection, mVU flag hack, Enable fast CDVD, mVU Block Hack, MTVU. Runs perfect without overclocking. Some slowdown in menus at 6x scaling.||CaptainFantastic|
|NTSC-J (International Version)||Windows 7 (6.1, build 7601)||
||PCSX2 1.0.0||GSDX r5334, 0.1.16||SPU2-X r5324, 0.1.16||FPS: 300
||Europe v02.00(14/06/2004), Recommended, FPS drops when near Wendigoes and large groups of enemies. The only enemies I have yet to face are the Hell Wyrm and Yiazmat. Run it in Native because upscaling any higher causes tremendous lag on the Menus and during most battles., PCSX2 crashes when accepting hunt 28 directly after accepting hunt 13. Not sure if this is specific to my ISO, so more testing needs to be done in regard to that.|
||1.1.0 r5480||GSdx 5442 SSE41||
||Runs at 200% speed.|
||1.1.0 (svn) Jan 12, 2014||GSDX||
||USA v01.60 (07/02/2002), On initial load before scene on screen is shown, sound is choppy. Fine afterwards unless you have a lesser powered machine and then it can get choppy on every area change., All Famfrit and Phoenix boss fights have bad shadows in hardware mode.|
||1736||ZZogl 182||Don't use AA higher than x2.||220.127.116.11|
- Original names: ファイナルファンタジーXII (SLPM-66320), Ultimate Hits FINAL FANTASY XII (SLPM-55022), FINAL FANTASY XII INTERNATIONAL Zodiac Job System (SLPM-66750), ULTIMATE HITS FINAL FANTASY XII INTERNATIONAL Zodiac Job System (SLPM-55210), ファイナルファンタジーXII インターナショナル ゾディアックジョブシステム (SLPM-66750)
- Also known as Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (JP,KO,AS)
- The game sets to widescreen when it is prompted by the 16:9 ratio setting in the PS2 internal menu.
- Both the original version of Final Fantasy XII and the NTSC-J only Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (FFXII IZJS) run the same, regardless of user patches such as English translations.
- The right analogue stick settings are inverted by default and cannot be changed within the game. User must edit the right stick settings manually from the PAD configuration menu.
Corrupted Overwritten save data
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Attempting to overwrite previous saved games will cause the new file to be corrupted.
- Workaround: This appears to be an issue with the experimental folder memory card system. Either use a file-based memory card or delete the previous savegame file you wish to overwrite before saving.
Shadows not displaying correctly
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Some shadows are incorrectly shaped and in the wrong place.
- Workaround: Switch to software rendering mode.
- EE CycleRate: Speed ups vary depending on setting, seems to affect FMV's and causes skipping if set too high.
- VU Cycle Stealing Seems to have no effect.
- INTC Sync Hack: No noticeable speed up, no issues.
- Wait Loop Detection: Large speedup, no issues.
- mVU Flag Hack: Small speed up, no issues.
- MTVU: Noticeable Speed up on tricore and higher