The Operative: No One Lives Forever
Developer(s): Monolith Productions
Publisher(s): Sierra Entertainment (US), Vivendi Universal Games (EU)
Genre: Action, Shooter, Arcade
Game review links: Link: 6.9/10, Metacritic: 67/100
Game description: In No One Lives Forever, you assume the role of Cate Archer, a beautiful, but deadly operative working for UNITY--a super-secret organization fighting to free the world from the clutches of H.A.R.M. From tense subterfuge to in-your-face combat, the game features spy action influenced by the 1960s and killer weapons, including a rocket-launching briefcase, a robotic poodle, and exploding lipstick. Through 60 levels of exotic locales, you must battle deadly arch villains, fight off killer sharks, skydive from a plummeting airliner, and explore twisted jungles.
Test configurations on Windows:
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64-Bit||
||1.2.1 r5873||GSdx 10 (Hardware)0.1.16 r5875||
||Runs extremely well at 60FPS at 1080p. No graphical or sound glitches. Bios v 2.0 was used.||Zrooney|
|NTSC-U||openSUSE Linux 13.2 x86_64 (3.16.6)||
||1.3.1+git||GSdx-OGL (Hardware), 2x Native, Bilinear (PS2) texture and 4x anisotropic filtering.||
||Fully playable at 60fps without any issues.||Frost|
- The game was originally develop for Microsoft Windows, ported to PS2 after getting critical acclaims and Game of The Year Awards, just before its sequel got released the same year.
Mipmapping issues in Hardware Mode
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Broken textures at a distance.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and set mipmapping to at least "Basic".
For a full solution switch to Software mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.
- Games rated T in North America
- Games rated 16+ in Europe
- Games with widescreen support
- Games with English language
- Games with German language
- Games with French language
- Games with Spanish language
- Games with Italian language
- Playable games
- Games by Monolith Productions
- Games with minor issues