TOCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator
Publisher(s): Codemasters (US, EU), Interchannel (JP)
Game review links: : 83/100, : 83/100
Game description: No more switching games to experience different types of racing; TOCA Race Driver 2 features 15 different motor racing styles, including Street Racing, Rally Cross, and Super Trucks. The game's 31 licensed and fictional global race locations offer 48 tracks, including Hockenheim from the German DTM series and Surfers Paradise from the Australian V8 series. Ride in a variety of cars such as Ford GT, Aston Martin Vanquish, and Nissan Skyline, and battle for position against 21 cars on the track.
The career mode offers a wider selection of championships than previous games, featuring the likes of Supertruck and Rallycross in addition to the traditional touring car formats. However, not for the first time in the series, the British Touring Car Championship was not included, yet the franchise continued to license the TOCA name in the title.
||BIOS: Europe v02.20, PAL last tested in 0.9.2 with blue stripes on screens. Probably playable in 0.9.8 too. 45-60 FPS, frameskip can help for 60/60 but less smooth.||Machina|
||1.3 Git 29 of April||GSdx||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006) Somes scan lines in hardware mode, software mode fix it.|
- Original names: トカ レース ドライバー 2 アルティメット レーシング シミュレーター (SLPM-66498), V8 Supercars Australia 2 (SLES-52639)
- Also known as DTM Race Driver 2 (EU), V8 Supercars 2 (AU), TOCA Race Driver 2
- The game sets to widescreen when it is prompted by the 16:9 ratio setting in the PS2 internal menu.
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: In Hardware mode the car shadow is a big black square.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and set Skipdraw to '1'. This will remove the car shadow. To keep the it intact switch to Software mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.