Simple 2000 Series Vol. 91: The All Star Kakutou
Publisher(s): D3Publisher (JP), Essential Games (EU, AU)
Genre: Action, Fighting
Game description: The All Star Kakutou/All Star Fighters is a fighting game mashup of notable characters within the simple series franchise including the likes of Reiko Mizusaki, Riho and Makoto Futaba as well as Aya from the OneeChanbara series among other notable characters of the different Simple 2000 Series games up to this game's release. There a variety of different modes to play in this game, including Single Mode/Arcade Mode, VS Mode, Arcade Mode, Time Attack, Practice Mode.
Overall, this is a bizarre and 'quirky' fighter but its story (and characters) probably wasn't meant to be taken seriously, though some bit fun of fun (and complexity) can be had from the game and its mechanics - if you're looking for something different in a fighter (i.e. not Street Fighter, Tekken, King of Fighter, Virtua Fighter,...) then this might be worth getting... especially if you're on a budget!
||1.3.0 (git 2014-06-05)||GSdx SSE41||
||Playable with some minor texture/alpha corruption on some characters|
||1.4.0||GSdx 1.0.0 SSE41 (2016-01-05)||
||Game is playable at either 50 FPS or 60 FPS, though it does come with notable texture/alpha glitches (e.g. black spots on clothing, inverted colours on hair/lips with costumes besides the first selectable), but is fixable by enabling a specific game fix (see Known Issues section below).||Just-SA-Gamer000|
- Original names: THE ALL★STAR格闘祭 (SLPS-20430)
- Also known as All-Star Fighters (EU)
- The PAL version is missing the intro cutscene present in the Japanese version of the game.
Black and/or inverted character textures
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Characters will have many black spots and/or inverted textures and alpha on different parts of the body, with varying degrees of visibility and size.
- Workaround: Go to Config -> Emulation Settings -> Game Fixes tab, and enable "VU XGkick Hack".