Shadow of Rome
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 75/100
Game description: Travel back to the year 44 BC, to a Rome that suffers from political corruption, unruliness, and violence. Venture through ancient Rome with the help of Agrippa (a soldier whose father is accused of murder), Octavius (Agrippa's best friend), and Claudia (a female gladiator). The game automatically switches between Agrippa and Octavius so you can use each character's special skills to accomplish goals. You can also participate in gladiatorial events, such as chariot racing, tournament battles, and deadly duels.
||v1.1 (svn r5807)||GSdx||?||No bugs.|
||1.5.0 (20180106110542)||GSdx||SPU2-X||Default settings, Speedhacks: MTVU enabled and EE Cycle rate set to stage 2 to stop FMV stuttering. GSdx: Renderer set to OpenGL, and Half-pixel offset hack set to Normal(Vertex) if using 3x upscale.||Yuri|
- Original names: シャドウ・オブ・ローマ (SLPM-65883) & (SLPM-66745)
No post-processing effects
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Post-processing effects are missing in hardware mode. Some far away objects will appear fuzzy/blurry.
- Workaround: Go to Config -> Video (GS) -> PLugin Settings, and set renderer to any of the "(Software)" options. For any of the hardware renderers go to "Advanced Settings and Hacks" and set Half-Pixel offset to "Normal (Vertex)" (just enable the checkbox in older PCSX2 version). This helps to ease the fuzziness a little.
FMV sound playback stuttering
- Status: Active
- Type: Major
- Description: FMV playback has audio problems. It stutters every 1 or 2 seconds.
- Workaround: Go to Config -> Emulation Settings -> Speedhacks, and set the "EE Cycle Rate" hack to 2. Doesn't affect the normal gameplay. The introduction video for Chapter 3 will freeze at the end of playback if EE Cycle Rate is not set back to stage 0.