Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
Publisher(s): Tecmo (US, JP), Wanadoo (EU), SCEA (US)
Genre: Action, Adventure, RPG
Game review links: : 8.4/10, : 83/100
Game description: Rygar: The Legendary Adventure tells the tale of a noble warrior determined to save the Princess Harmonia and bring the kingdom of Argus back to a state of peace. Armed with the Diskarmor, Rygar sets out on a legendary adventure traveling to several places and battling ravenous monsters called Titans. The Diskarmor shield uses the elements fire/ice/lightning and it can be improved with mystic stones. The diskarmor can be used for attack, defense or transportation.
||0.9.7 r3982||GSDX r3983||
||Use "skip MPEG hack" gamefix to pass Wanadoo logo. Set GSDX interlacing to "Weave bff". Don't use EE cyclerate and Vu cycle stealing hacks., 52-60 FPS most of the time. There are places where it is 45-50, but it is rare.||Dhillel|
||1.1.0 r5517||GSdx 5464 SSE41||
||Runs above full speed.|
|NTSC||Win7 Pro SP1||
||1.2.1 r5875||GSDX r5875||
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 x64||
||1.2.1||GSdx 5875 SSE2||
||I played most of the game with this version because FPS were a little bit bigger but the recommended version is 1.5.0, see the issues below to understand why. This configuration works for both 1.2.1 and 1.5.0 - Bios 2.30, directX 9 (hardware), allow 8 bit textures enabled, native resolution, interlacing set to auto to reduce the flickering, texture filtering enabled for better graphics, logarithimic z must be enabled to be able to see the light effect over the numbers in the memory card's screen. It's slow but playable. Speedhacks: Both EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing must be set on 1 because otherwise the audio/video of the cutscenes will be out of sync (even so they will run slow). INTC spin detection, wait loop detection and mVU flag hacks must be enabled. Sound interpolation = Catmull-Rom PS2.||Felipe|
- Original names: アルゴスの戦士 (SLPS-25178), 아르고스의 전사 (SCKA-20006)
- Also known as Argus no Senshi (JP)
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: The screen flickers during the game intro/cutscenes.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Game Fixes > select "Enable manual game fixes" and enable "Switch to GSdx software rendering when an FMV plays". Another way to fix this is pressing F9 to change to software mode and then press F9 back to hardware mode, after this the video runs normally. Some cutscenes freeze if you play with versions older than 1.5.0 2779, check the text below.
Cutscenes stop into a black/white screen
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: Some cutscenes freeze and you can't keep playing. Changing to software mode doesn't solve the issue.
- Workaround: Confirmed as fixed in the 1.5.0 2779 build (The last version with support for DirectX9).
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure (SLPS 25178)