Pro Race Driver
Game review links: : 81/100
Game description: Pro Race Driver immerses you in the heart of a global racing championship. The game retains the series' core values of close-contact racing with real cars, real teams, real track, real drivers, and an astounding damage engine while introducing a character- based narrative and episodic storyline. Choose from a fictional cast of racers and 42 licensed touring and racing cars to compete in real-world global championships. Get ready for a true-to-life driving and performance experience.
The main game mode featured a plot (leading to the game being labelled as a "Car-PG") where the user took on the role of a fictional race driver called Ryan McKane, trying to make a name for himself in a multitude of car championships, all the while under the shadow of his more successful older brother and haunted by the death of his father on the racetrack (as witnessed by Ryan as a child).
||1.6.0||GSDx (D3D11 Hardware)||
||• Runs poorly on OpenGL, use Direct3D instead.
• Default analog stick sensitivity is too low for the full range of steering, I recommend setting sensitivity to 1.25. • Decreasing EE Cyclerate improves framerate on races with more cars.
- Also known as TOCA Race Driver (EU), V8 Supercar: Race Driver (AU), DTM Race Driver (EU), V8 Supercars Australia: Race Driver (AU)
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Affected Game Versions: All
- Description: Acceleration and braking depend on the DualShock 2's pressure sensitive face buttons.
- Workaround: In the game options, rebind accelerate and brake to the triggers, then in PCSX2 -> Config -> Controllers -> Plugin Settings... reduce the sensitivity of the triggers individually. This process requires some experimentation, and should be performed in third person view, where the acceleration is shown. I personally found 0.45 acceleration and 0.88 braking sensitivity to work best.
TOCA Race Driver (SLES 50816)
Pro Race Driver (SLUS 20329)