Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 51/100, : 51/100
Game description: In Nano Breaker's futuristic world, nanomachines, which were originally developed to enrich humankind, suddenly went awry. The machines began to harvest the blood of humans and the iron of buildings in an effort to construct an army of monster machines. In order to combat this threat, you must slash your way through hordes of enemy units to save the world from apocalypse. Equipped with a powerful shape-shifting Plasma Blade, you assume the role of the lone hero, who must defend humankind from the deadly nanomachines.
||Europe v01.70(27/02/2003), Recommended, MTVU. Works fine, initial 2D screens show up half, use Software mode.|
||v1.5.0 dev 1799||GSdx 1.1.0
||Completed a single run with Jake from beginning to end with no crashes or freezes. Runs at around 120 FPS uncapped in both Software and Hardware modes. MTVU gives around 10-20 FPS more with no noticeable problems. Game seems to be GPU heavy as there are sections where the framerate drops to 50-55 in Hardware mode but has no slowdown in Software mode. Unscale Point Line hack fixes a few minor UI visual glitches when upscaling and setting CRC Hack Level to Minimum is necessary for shadows to show up. The FMVs have a weird 2 pixel wide border of corrupted graphics which doesn't seem to be fixable.
A thing to note is that there is virtually no slowdown in the game itself. This is strange because you can find reviews about this game complaining about its bad framerate but in PCSX2 there are no perceivable drops in the game's framerate even with half a dozen enemies around with no hacks enabled.
- Original names: 나노 브레이커 (SLPM-65809), ナノブレイカー (SLPM-65809) & (SLPM-66154)
Shadows are missing
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Environment and character shadows are missing.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, set Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" and CRC Hack Level to "Minimum" or lower. Or switch to Software mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.
- Note: The same CRC Hack Level will also show the shadows with the Direct3D (Hardware) renderers, but they will be rendered incorrectly.
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Textures in the distance, especially those on walls, have Z-Fighting in Hardware mode.
- Workaround: Switch to Software mode by going to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.
Graphical glitches in the intro logos
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: The intro warning screen and company logos are halved in Hardware mode and have visual artifacts in Software mode.
- Workaround: For Hardware mode, depending on the version of the game, going to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and setting Internal Resolution to any of the above Native scaling settings can resolve the issue. If this does not help quickly switch to Software mode and back by pressing the F9 key twice. For Software mode switch to Hardware mode during the logo's with the F9 key.