Game review links: GameRankings: 82/100, Metacritic: 82/100
Game description: Music is all you need to tame the beasts in Gitaroo-Man. As U-1, descendant of the legendary Gitaroo-Man, it's up to you to save the planet from the clutches of the evil Gravillian family. To accomplish this heroic feat, you must press buttons that correspond to onscreen commands. If executed successfully, your health meter goes up while the enemies' health meter diminishes. Gitaroo-Man also features both cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes in which players perform different parts of the music.
The player character is U-1, a young boy who is frequently ridiculed by classmates and passed over by Little Pico, the girl of his dreams. The story proper begins when Puma, a dog with the ability to speak, teaches U-1 to play the guitar, simultaneously teaching the controls of the game to the player, and subsequently revealing to him that he is the last legendary hero of Planet Gitaroo, and the possessor of the Last Gitaroo. When they are then attacked, Puma transforms into Puma AC-30 and gives U-1 the Gitaroo, transforming him into Gitaroo Man.
Test configurations on Windows:
||1.1.0 (r5517)||GSdx SSE41 (5464)||
||Runs above full speed.|
||1.3.1 (git 2015-04-04, 01:21:46)||GSdx 1.1.16 AVX (2015-04-04, 01:21:46)||SPU2-X 2.0.0 (2015-04-04, 01:21:46)||Works well at 60 FPS with minor glitches.||Telmo|
|NTSC-J||Windows 10 64bit build 19045||
||v1.7.3980||Default||Default||(SLPM-65012)Beat 1st stage. no issues.||Seruranblue|
- Original names: ギタルマンワン (SLPM-62062), ギタルマン (SLPM-65012), 기타루맨 (SLPM-67508)
- Also known as Gitaroo-Man One (JP)
White triangles on stage 4
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: White triangles keep flashing through the stage.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > VUs tab, and set Clamping Mode to "None". Then, do the same for the EE/IOP tab, set Clamping Mode to "None".
- Games rated E in North America
- Games rated ALL in Korea
- Games support multi-tap
- Games with special controllers
- Games with widescreen support
- Multiplayer games
- Games with English language
- Games with Japanese language
- Games with German language
- Games with French language
- Games with Korean language
- Playable games
- Games by Koei
- Games with minor issues