Echo Night: Beyond
Developer(s): From Software
Publisher(s): From Software (JP), Agetec (US), Indie Games (EU)
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror
Game review links: : 60/100
Game description: A horrific crash on the Moon Colony has left you separated from your fiancée. To reunite with her, you must journey into the paranormal world of Echo Night: Beyond. As you explore the different environments in the lunar colony, you'll find a desolate base haunted by the spectral remains of those who called it "home." Through the fog and shadows, you must overcome your fears and solve a variety of challenging puzzles.
The game tells a science fiction ghost story, set in the not-too-distant future. Players take the role of a Richard Osmond, off for a honeymoon on the moon. The vessel crashes before reaching its lunar resort destination, however, separating the just-married couple and leaving the hero alone at an abandoned research base. Players explore the station from a first-person perspective, inside a spacesuit. In addition to the many spiritual anomalies that haunt the forgotten station, strange lunar lighting and relative weightlessness add to the atmosphere of the game's environments.
The game is played from a first-person perspective, but unlike most other first-person games there is no use of firearms in the game.
||1.1.0 r5754||GSdx 5752 SSE41||
||Has missing walls, etc.. in hardware mode. Looks fine in software mode. Runs at full speed.|
||v1.1.0 r5782||GSDX AVX r5818||
||HACKS: Default ones and MTVU. The game has an unknown status in the game DB., Has some serious issues in hardware mode. Walls are transparent. Doors are black or transparent. Some models have shadow issues or are fully black. Plays fine in software mode, so it is emulated correctly. Runs fine in hardware (3x upscale) and software modes. Sadly the hardware mode is broken. Needs around 60% CPU with the mentioned config in software mode.||Yuri|
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), Much|
||1.3.0 Git 2014/06/07||GSdx 0.1.16 SSE41||
||EUROPE v02.00(14/06/2004), Defaults + MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1), Game works fine at 50fps in Gsdx software mode with a few slowdowns whenever you free a ghost.|
- Original names: ネビュラ エコーナイト (SLPS-25314)
- Also known as Nebula: Echo Night (JP)
- The game has widescreen support built-in but it vertically stretches the screen. Because of that, parts of the HUD and the rims of the helmet are out of screen.
Transparent walls, black doors and models
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: The walls, floors and ceilings are transparent (I think only the ones with reflection effect on it). Doors on the other hand are opaque black. Some models are black too with transparency. Other models disappear, but can be used.
- Workaround: Resolved in v1.5.0 builds.
Flashlight charge HUD display in HW mode
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: If you charge your flashlight with a portable battery or the flashlight is depleted, the HUD acknowledgement is not shown in hardware mode.
- Workaround: Use software mode.
Flashlight usage slows down game in HW mode
- Status: Active
- Type: Major
- Description: In certain areas using the flashlight drastically decreases the framerate and so slows down the whole game (can be around 30%) in hardware mode. Versions prior to v1.5.0 had no such problems if I remember correctly.
- Workaround: Use software mode. This mode seems not affected.