Genre: Action, Shooter
Game review links: : 50/100
Game description: Gigantic dinosaurs, deep jungles, and new weapons... World War II never prepared you for this. In Dino Stalker, you play Lt. Mike Wired, a WWII fighter pilot who's shot down during a dogfight and wakes up in a prehistoric time. While the environment is unfamiliar, you still know how to fight enemies from the land, sea, and air. Blast your way through jungles filled with prehistoric creatures to discover a futuristic city with fully interactive backgrounds. In this foreign world, you can defend yourself using either the Dual Shock 2 controller or the Guncon 2 light gun.
Dino Stalker is the third installment in Capcom's Gun Survivor series and the third entry in the Gun Survivor series after Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica. Although the Gun Survivor games are an offshoot of the Resident Evil series, Dino Stalker is the only game in the series without any ties to Resident Evil. It was followed by Resident Evil: Dead Aim.
The game focuses on the central character Lieutenant Mike Wired, who is caught in an intense dogfight during World War II. With nowhere to go, Mike appears to be doomed until he is suddenly teleported into the sky in the 3,000,000's, and must defend himself against an army of flying prehistoric predators.
||31 03 2013 1.1.0 r5604||GSdx 5580 SSE41 [18 03 2013]||
||Runs above full speed.|
||1.1.0 r5754-||GSdx r5752 SSSE3||
||Runs fast and stable. Although its a horrible game but it looks OK at higher resolutions. Some videos seem to hang at the end but you can skip them before ending.|
- Original names: ガン・サバイバー3 ~ディノ・クライシス~ (SLPM-65139) & (CPCS-01002), 건 서바이버 3 디노 크라이시스 (SLPM-67529)
- Also known as Gun Survivor 3: Dino Crisis (JP)
FMVs not playing properly in hardware mode
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: In hardware mode, FMVs are washed out.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Game Fixes, tick the box "Enable manual game fixes" and enable "Switch to GSdx software rendering when a FMV plays" fix. Or switch to Software mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options.
Flashing issue in recent PCSX2 releases
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: When shooting to enemies/objects, flashes appear during gameplay.
- Workaround: Use the "GSdx r5350" as video plugin or switch to older PCSX2 release like 1.0.0 version.