Genre: Action, Adventure, RPG
Game review links: : 75/100
Game description: Just as Kazuma, a former rising star in the Yakuza, emerges from prison after a murder cover-up, 10 billion yen vanishes from the Yakuza vault, forcing him once again into their brutal, lawless world. A mysterious young girl will lead Kazuma to the answers if he can keep her alive.
Although the game does not explicitly say it, much of the game takes place in Tokyo's Shinjuku ward, most noticeably a recreation of Shinjuku's red-light district Kabukichō, which is famous for its hostess bars (cabarets), host clubs, love hotels, shops, restaurants, nightclubs and its organized crime presence. Although the area was recreated as a fictionalized "Kamurocho district", much of Kabukichō's landmarks remain in an altered, renamed form.
Yakuza is the prequel to Yakuza 2
||0.9.7 (r3876m)||GSdx SSE41 (r3693)||
||BIOS: USA v02.30, Speedhacks: Using VU Cycle stealing causes slowdown. Has an overbloom/ghosting effect when playing at non-native resolutions. Runs smoothly with hardware mode, and mostly software mode too. No serious or game-breaking issues.||126.96.36.199|
||1.1.0 (r5517)||GSdx SSE41 (r5464)||
||Runs at 200% speed.|
||GSdx Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware). Performance: Runs smooth as butter 50-60 FPS only on huge zones with a very high level of population 60 FPS everywhere else occasionaly some stuttering here and there but this is probably my pc fault. Light game overall.||Razor96|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Ultimate x64||
||1.3.0 (2014-12-14)||GSdx 0.1.16 AVX (2014-12-14)
||BIOS: USA v2.00, Additional Speedhacks: MTVU. Runs at constant 60 FPS. There isn't any ghosting, but there are black lines on some pictures of the inventory.||ManaYagami|
||1.50-dev-2863||GSDX 2019010231147 (MSVC 19.00 AVX2/AVX2) 1.1.0 [GSdx32-AVX2]
||Game works great. Really good performance and everything.||EddieHimself|
- Original names: 龍が如く (SLPM-66168) & (SLPM-74234) & (SLPM-74253), 용과 같이 (SLKA-25342)
- Also known as Ryuu ga Gotoku (JP), Ryu ga Gotoku (KO)
- The PAL version can be played in both PAL and NTSC mode, selectable upon booting up the game
Glitched effect at the corner of the screen
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: On resolutions higher than native the right and bottom corners of the screen will become distorted
- Workaround: Set the rendering resolution to native. Half Pixel offset can be used to mitigate the effect but it causes black lines in the middle of the screen.
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: In some areas of the game the character models, neon signs, etc. will have a ghosting like effect.
- Workaround: Go to Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings, enable HW hacks, go to Advanced Settings and Hacks, enable Alpha, Alpha Stencil, and Merge Sprites. Then set skipdraw to 1. This gets rid of the ghosting but unfortunately disables some lighting effects as well.
Semi transparent line in the middle of the screen
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: A semi transparent whitish line appears in the middle of the screen.
- Workaround: Set Texture Filtering to any setting other than "Bilinear (Forced)".