Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht
Developer(s): Monolith Soft
Game review links: Metacritic
Game review score: 83/100 User Score 8.6/10
Game description: Episode I begins the trilogy that centers on the characters Shion and KOS-MOS. A young woman employed by Vector Industries, Shion aided in the creation of the battle android KOS-MOS and is present throughout much of the game. During this game, the U-TIC Organization attempts to steal one of the powerful Zohar Emulators, sources of energy used by humans.
Test configurations on Windows:
||17 01 2013 1.1.0 r5517-||GSdx 5464 SSE41 [09 12 2012]||
||Runs at 200% speed.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1||
||Recommended ones only(But not MTVU), As always, this game has very high requirements, and some of the mech battles slowed down to 30 FPS for me., At least two save points(Shion's room on the Woglinde, and the main save point on the Elsa) error out somehow and kick you back to the bios card selector. Also the two or three black and white cutscenes don't show video(just black screen, but audio playing) in HW or SW mode, unless you save state and then load state. These are both known bugs I think.|
||1.3.0 Git 2014/06/14||GSdx 0.1.16 SSE41||
||USA v02.00(14/06/2004), Defaults + MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1), Using custom resolution (1920x1080) the game run at full speed with a few slowdowns in some fights or cutscenes (30-50 fps)., A few save spots appear to be broken (like the one on Elsa spaceship). When you try to use them, game crash and put you to memory card selection screen. The possitive for the save on Elsa ship is that you can still use it to enter virtual realm just you cant save. Use savestates instead.|
||BIOS: USA v2, INTC sync and IOP x2 cycle rate. Enabling texture filtering in GDSX fixes shadow issues and be sure to disable 8-bit textures. Enabling MTVU causes slowdowns instead of a speed up due to sync issues., Using the latest gsdx beta plugins r2693 and setting scaling to 2x will give some minor graphical glitch||Flowofsoul|
|NTSC-U||Windows 8.1 64 Bit||
||DX11, 1024x768, FXAA, Anisotropic Filtering 16x, Texture Filter. If you set HW Hacks -> TC Offset to X 0000 Y 1000, you get rid of the "Shadow Stitches" and weird Text outlines. Run at smooth 59.94 FPS, micro soundgltiches every couple of minutes during load heavy sections, otherwise near flawless emulation, couple of hours in no crashes.||Zordan|
- Also known as: Xenosaga Episode I - Chikara e no Ishi. Previous to the release of Episode II a "Reloaded" version was lunched in Japan, including new alternate costumes for MOMO and KOS-MOS as well as a theater mode.
Saving game may crash at specific save points
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Some save crystals will crash the game. Various reports such as http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/519264-xenosaga-episode-i-der-wille-zur-macht/62218540 - Issue was tested with v02.20 US bios on Linux. The first save point I was able to do this on was in the beginning, after exiting the simulator, when you get control run all the way south and save there. I was booted to BIOS.
- Workaround: Use save states.
Missing text in OpenGL (Hardware) on Linux
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Text will be faded (or completely missing) using OpenGL (Hardware) mode on Linux v1.3.1+git20150405. I have not tested to confirm if this issue exists on the Windows version.
- Workaround: Toggle to software mode if you need to read the text.