World Rally Championship
Developer(s): Evolution Studios
Publisher(s): SCEE (EU), Spike (JP), Bam Entertainment (US)
Game review links: : 80/100
Game description: WRC: World Rally Championship is an officially licensed racing game featuring all of the cars and drivers from the official 2001 World Rally Championship. Battle your way through 81 heart-pounding stages in 14 rallies located all over the world. Experience the pure emotion, hardcore action and sheer power of rally racing in the quest for ultimate glory.
||1.3.1-20150909232805||XGKICK hack (fixes route map glitching). Plays very well - 60 FPS very easily. Tested on Directx9/11 and OpenGL in hardware mode, all work fine. Graphical glitching in some areas of the game - particularly on the car you drive. (Textures on car look messed up in some parts of it, I don't know if any gamefix hacks fix this particular issue; screen cap attached so you can see the texture glitching on the car, this is from a shakedown run and not an actual rally stage - they appear on rally stages too.) Route Map is glitched and will sometimes show a phantom white line in the route area that isn't actually part of the route (which is fixed with XGKICK hack being turned on).|
||1.4.0||DX11 Hardware mode||?||XGKICK hack fixes glitched minimap. Stable 60fps. Choosing Subaru racecar gives an infinite loading screen. Most car models have glitched textures (some lines are going into the sky). Citroen one is the one with the least glitches.||kylgu|
- Original names: WRC〜ワールド・ラリー・チャンピオンシップ〜 (SLPS-25099) & (SLPM-74406)
- Also known as WRC: World Rally Championship (JP), WRC: World Rally Championship - Sekai Rally Senshuken (JP)
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Affected Game Versions: PAL
- Description: Game freezes after a couple of minutes of play.
- Workaround: A workaround has been added to Automatic Gamefixes in recent v1.5.0 git builds. Make sure Automatic Gamefixes is enabled on the System tab if the issue still occurs. For older PCSX2 versions go to Config > Emulation Settings > Game Fixes tab, click "Enable manual game fixes" and enable the EE timing hack game fix.