Tony Hawk's Project 8
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Developer(s): Shaba Games
Game review links: Metacritic: 69/100
Game description: Reengineered from the ground up, Tony Hawk's Project 8 immerses players in the definitive skateboarding experience using ultra-realistic graphics, enhanced physics and responsive controls that simulate the feeling of skating with every trick and bail. The game challenges players to experience the intensity and pressure of skating against some of the world's top pros in true to life competitions as they aim to become the #1 skater.
Test configurations on Windows:
||1.1.0 (r5517)||GSdx SSE41 (r5464)||
||In-game is a mess. Using GSdx in Software mode cleans it up, but still has many missing environment graphics.|
||1.3.? (git 28-May-?)||GSdx||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), EE/VU Rounding: Negatives*, Missing somethings and minor issues in hardware mode,Software mode fixes practilly all.|
||1.3.? (git 05-Jun-?)||GSdx||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), EE/VU Clamp: Extra+Preserve Sign ,Completed.*, EE/VU Rounding: More nearbie+More nearbie*, Hardware and software looks fine,mainly hardware., Status|
|PAL||Solus, kernel 5.1.14||
||GSdx 1.1.0 AVX2
||Playable without issues with the specified settings (unspecified settings at default value). The intro movies do not show up unless you switch to software mode.||Ratchet66|
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: Certain textures would not load correctly under regular gameplay.
- Workaround: This should be automatically fixed as long as Automatic Gamefixes is enabled on the System tab. You can manually enable the fix by going to Config > Emulation Settings > VUs tab, and setting "Round Mode" to "Nearest".
Black screen on boot
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: Game freezes on the first loading screen.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks tab, and disable the "MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1)" speedhack.
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Translucent flag like texture covers the whole screen in game.
- Workaround: Enable HW Hacks then go into the configure and set the "Skipdraw" to 15. Also using "Nearest" round mode VU setting as suggested by others above.
- Games rated T in North America
- Games rated 12+ in Europe
- Games rated M in Australia
- Games with widescreen support
- Games with progressive support
- Multiplayer games
- Games with English language
- Games with German language
- Games with French language
- Games with Spanish language
- Games with Italian language
- Playable games
- Games by Shaba Games
- Games with serious issues