Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Developer(s): Neversoft Entertainment
Game review links: : 77/100
Game description: Now you can cruise through LA without loading levels or stopping gameplay in Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. You can skate or BMX through a new story mode that takes you through all-new skate areas using tricks that have never appeared in previous Tony Hawk games. The cash that you earn can be used to customize your equipment and your skater by going to tattoo parlors and skate shops. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland also includes a classic mode that features classic Tony Hawk Pro Skater maps and objectives.
||USA v01.60(07/02/2002), The only problems I encountered were graphical, but they were such major graphical problems that the game is hardly playable at all,|
||1.1.0 r5517||GSdx 5464 SSE41||
||Picture has lines in it if gsdx is in hardware mode. Hardware and software modes have a ton of missing and disappearing environment graphics.|
||Europe v01.70(27/02/2003), EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Nearest, INTC Spin Detection, Enable Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag Hack, Goes from Ingame to Playable. Game works fine at a good speed. Software mode or Skipdraw set to 4 required to remove stripes from the screen, however the skipdraw method leaves a faint overlay, but can be tollerated. MTVU must be disabled else the game will not boot and VU Rounding set to "Nearest" to fix the majority of the graphics problems.|
||1.3 Git 5 of june||GSdx||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), EE/VU Clamp: Extra+Preserve Sign ,Completed.*, EE/VU Rounding: More nearbie+More nearbie*, Hardware and software looks fine,mainly hardware., Status|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 Home 64-bit||
||1.6.0||GSdx 9||SPU2-X||Runs at full speed with no major graphical issues. The initial loading screen is completely black except for the loading bar, but there are no glitches other than that.|
||GSdx 1.2.0 AVX2
||Runs at full speed without issues.||Ratchet66|
- The game has a built in 16:9 widescreen mode that results in a larger portion of the world being visible.
Ghosting around game image
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Game has a ghosting effect around characters/objects.
- Workaround: Enable HW Hacks and tick Wild Arms offset. Setting texture offset to X = 75 and Y = 150 also improves this further.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Major
- Description: Crashes in menu after trying to show 3D objects.
- Workaround: This should be automatically fixed as long as Automatic Gamefixes is enabled on the System tab. You can manually enable the fix by going to Config > Emulation Settings > VUs tab, and setting "Round Mode" to "Nearest".
Black screen on boot
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: Game freezes on the first loading screen.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks tab, and disable the "MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1)" speedhack.