Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Developer(s): Crystal Dynamics
Publisher(s): Eidos Interactive (EU, US, AU), Spike (JP)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 7.8/10
Game description: Inspired by the first Tomb Raider videogame, originally released in 1996, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a totally new 2006 adventure for Lara, faithfully preserving the elements which made the original Tomb Raider such a classic. Using an enhanced "Tomb Raider Legend" game engine, the graphics, technology and physics bring Lara's adventure and pursuit of a mystical artefact known only as the Scion up to today's technology standards and offer gamers a completely new gameplay experience. The puzzles are now more in depth and incorporate environmental interaction and physics driven solutions. The level design and flow of gameplay are inspired by the original videogame making Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary a brand new experience in gaming, while still invoking the nostalgia of the first adventure in Tomb Raiding.
It is a remake of the first video game in the series, the original 1996 Tomb Raider. It uses an improved version of the Legend game engine (from Tomb Raider Legend), and it includes all of the original environments from Tomb Raider.
||1.1.0 (r5517)||GSdx SSE4 (r5464)||
||Runs above full speed.|
||1.2.0 (r5859)||GSdx (r5864)||
||Appears to play perfectly with no obvious glitches.||SR8|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)||
||v1.5.0 (dev-2237 g41051f3cf)
||GSdx 1.1.0 AVX2
||BIOS: USA 2.30, Played from start to finish (Completion ratio 100%). The only odd(and very annoying) thing that happened to me was when I beat the game on Hard difficulty and went back to the main menu - my save file somehow failed to load and ended up being corrupt. Not sure how or why it happened. Other than that I experienced no issues aside from a few distant texture glitches. Post-processing has been disabled for the majority of the game as a workaround for more serious graphic glitches.||Ryudo|
|PAL||Solus, Linux 5.3.7||
||1.5.0 (e7d1a58)||GSdx 1.1.0 AVX2
||Playable at full speed with the specified settings (unspecified settings at default value).||Ratchet66|
- Original names: トゥームレイダー: アニバーサリー (SLPS-25856) & (SLPS-25946)
- Also known as Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary
- The PAL version of this game supports multiple languages through the BIOS configuration. Implementation requires Full boot - "Boot CDVD (full)".
- The PAL version of this game gains a big speedup by (in combination) setting "EE Cycle Skipping" to 2 under Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks, and activating "Monitor Frequency PAL-60" under Options > Display in the game-menu.
- The game has a 16:9 widescreen mode that results in a larger portion of the world being visible when enabled.