Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Developer(s): Ubisoft Shanghai
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 89/100
Game description: Infiltrate terrorists' positions, acquire critical intelligence by any means necessary, execute with extreme prejudice, and exit without a trace. In Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, you are Sam Fisher, a highly trained secret operative of the NSA's secret arm: Third Echelon. Suit up with the latest classified field operative gear and weapons as you travel through diverse mission objectives. The world's future is in your hands, as cyber terrorism and international tensions are about to explode into WWIII.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is a stealth video game, developed by Ubisoft Montreal and built on the Unreal Engine 2. It is the first Splinter Cell game in the series. Endorsed (but not created) by author Tom Clancy, it follows the activities of NSA Black Ops agent Sam Fisher. The character of Sam Fisher is voiced by actor Michael Ironside. His boss, Irving Lambert, is voiced by actor Don Jordan.
||1.1.0 r5517||GSdx 5464 SSE41||
||Runs above full speed.|
||1.1.0 r5760||GSdx r5752 SSSE4||
||USA v02.00(14/06/2004), Defaults + MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1), Game works fine at max speed 60fps in Gsdx Hardware mode with some minor issues., If you use any custom resolution other than native you may encounter some black shadows in places with many lights. Night Vision and Sniping mode is kind of blurry. Binoculars seems to work fine unless you zoom out the camera at maximum distance then the image is the same as in sniper mode. In software mode all the above work fine but very slow around 10-12fps|
||1.2.1. r5873||GSdx 5875||
||BIOS: v01.60, Direct3D 11 (Hardware). Only ran it with 1920x1080 resolution with full texture filtering enabled. Looks amazing. However, due to the known issues it is way too easy as the settings are off or something because you can see in the dark without the goggles!? The Thermal function works perfectly so no real complaints. The game is impossible to play in Software mode the FPS drops to 6fps even with the EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing at max with all the speed ups enabled.||Yojimbo91|
||PCSX2 v.1.3.1 Compiling Date: 2015-06-18||gsdx SSE4.1||
• backround audio during gameplay chops both hardware software modes • cut scenes audio one time play the other time not. both hardware software modes • nightvision googles are dark on hardware mode looks ok in software mode • some enviroment shadows are wrong on hardware mode but ok in software • other than that the game runs fine and full speed on software mode needs 2 extra threats and ee cyclerate to 2
- Original names: トム・クランシーシリーズ スプリンターセル (SLPM-65422) & (SLPM-65955), 스프린터 셀 (SLKA-25061)
Incorrect Display of Dynamic Lighting and Shadows
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: When in total darkness, characters will show as if under direct light.
- Workaround: Software mode can help with that..
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: The overall lighting is a little wonky, setting the TV to the brightness level does not work, even the Night Vision goggles are too dark.
- Workaround: Use the Shade Boost settings in GSD or run the game in Software mode.