The Getaway: Black Monday
Developer(s): SCEE London Studio
Publisher(s): SCEE (EU), SCEA (US), Sega (JP)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 57/100
Game description: The Getaway: Black Monday offers more predictable driving and on-foot controls, new vehicles, a variety of mission types, and new characters. The story begins with events that take place two years after the demise of the most notorious crime boss of London's East End, Charlie Jolson. You'll take on the role of a cop, who sets out on a quest for revenge. By choosing which path to take, you must make critical decisions that influence the final outcome of the game.
Unlike other open-world action-adventure games of this time such as Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Driver III, this game features licensed vehicles from several brands to add to the realism. It follows 3 main protagonists: Sgt Ben "Mitch" Mitchell, Eddie O'Connor and Sam Thompson, each with their own unique abilities.
||16 12 2012 1.1.0 r5480-||GSdx 5442 SSE41 [29 10 2012]||
||Runs above full speed., Videos are sliced.|
||18.104.22.16830||GSDX 5727 0.1.16||
||BIOS: USA v2.30, HACKS: none, This game is far more streamlined than the first Getaway game, and will usually have no problems holding up 50 fps or more at 3x native resolution.||EddieHimself|
||SPU2-X||Speedhacks: EEC: 2, VUCS: 2. 70% speed, light problems (even sun is a square), you can try to fix this using sw dx11 but it will lag as hell||TullioTera|
||1.5.0 dev467||Default||Default||Use SuperVU and Blending Unit Accuracy to solve bugs described in the issue section. Playable in hardware mode with either the fog or a ghostly image visible. Game runs fairly smoothly on 3x native in hardware mode without speedhacks. Software mode is fine and doesn't have the fog or ghost images.||FlatOut|
- Original names: ゲッタウェイ ブラックマンデー (SLPM-66183)
- The game sets to widescreen when it is prompted by the 16:9 ratio setting in the PS2 internal menu.
Characters being able to see you/shoot you through walls
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Other characters being able to see you/shoot you through walls.
- Workaround: You should use the superVU recompiler
Semi-transparent wall in front of the character during driving
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Affected Game Versions: PAL
- Description: The PAL version has a graphical glitch, where a semi-transparent wall appears in front of the character during driving. It doesn't affect gameplay, but can prove annoying.
- Workaround: Use OpenGL hardware renderer and set Blending Unit Accuracy to High. A depth issue will now be visible causing a ghost image to appear at certain angles. This can only be solved by using software mode.