Genre: Action, Fighting
Game review links: IGN: 93/100, Metacritic: 88/100
Game description: After the death of Heihachi Mishima, the fifth King of Iron Fist Tournament began. Tekken 5 lets you join this battle as one of many characters, including three fighters who are new to the Tekken series. This time, the environments feature destructible objects and dangerous obstacles. Customize your character with a variety of accessories, such as beanies, glasses, and costumes. Beat the game with each character to learn his or her story.
Test configurations on Windows:
||r2186||GSDX 890 SSE2 0.1.14||
||BIOS: USA V2 (14/06/2004), FPS: 40-60, Devil Within unplayable||22.214.171.124|
||r4208||GSDX 0.1.16 SSE2||
||HACKS: Speed hacks enabled, FPS: 35-45||Joder666|
||1.1.0 r5754||GSdx r5752 SSSE3||
||Game works fine at full speed., GSdx HW: Thin lines in screen unless using specific resolutions or native (1200x, 1020x work fine)|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 home premium||
||•SPEEDHACKS:All reccomended+mtvu EE Cyclerate lvl2
•PERFORMANCE:Kinda playable but slow 35-50 FPS in native res, speed is very dependant from the stage the less complex the stage the better the fps Overall very demanding game
||git 05 06 2014 1.3.0||GSdx MSVC 18.00, SSE41||
||Nicely playable... Needs a custom horizontal resolution (1200 or 1220) to avoid black vertical lines in hardware., Status|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)||
|GSdx 0.1.16 AVX2
|BIOS: USA 2.30, Runs great and looks absolutely amazing now that the vertical lines have been fixed for higher internal resolutions.||Ryudo|
||BIOS: Europe V2 (14/06/2004), FPS: Full Playable||xJok3rGRx|
||v1.5.0-dev-875-gf5675fc||GSDX SSE41 (D3D11 Hardware)||
||Bios: Japan v02.50
Works Fine with Full Speed (16:9)
||BIOS: USA 2.20 (10-02-2006). Tested in Ubuntu 12.04+AMD proprietary drivers installed, using the official PPA package.
UPDATE: With the new PCSX2 1.0 you can use skipdraw at 1 to fix post processing errors at some levels. Also some slowdowns can occur if the EE/VU speed hacks are used. PAL version plays better in Linux than NTSC.
||BIOS: USA 2.60 runs almost perfectly with the opensource radeon drivers, MESA 11 with opengl version overrides. Catalyst is much slower for some reason. Enabling MTVU is highly recommended.||lickme|
- Original names: 鉄拳5 (SLPS-25510) & (SLPS-73223), 철권 5 (SCKA-20049)
- Widescreen crops the top and bottom of the 4:3 image, meaning less visible viewing area than when played in 4:3.
Progressive Scan Mode Screen Shaking
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Affected Game Versions: NTSC
- Description: Screen will shake when you enable Progressive Scan mode in option
- Workaround: Enable "Wild Arms Offset" Hacks to avoid the issue.
Vertical black lines appear when running the game in a resolution higher than native.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: Vertical black lines appear when running the game in any resolution that's higher than native. This issue also occurs in various other Namco titles.
You can either: Use native resolution or, use 1260x(any) resolution. You can subtract any multiple of 60 from 1260 (eg, 1200, 1140, 1080, etc) as needed for performance, but no horizontal resolution greater than 1260 works. Vertical resolution has no effect on the black bars, so you can set this to any value you desire.
- This is now fixed in the more recent developer builds found here. Use the 'Align Sprite' hack found under 'Enable HW Hacks' in GSdx options.
- Games rated B in Japan
- Games rated T in North America
- Games rated 12+ in Europe
- Games rated 15 in Korea
- Games with widescreen support
- Games with progressive support
- CPU intensive games
- Multiplayer games
- Games with English language
- Games with Japanese language
- Games with German language
- Games with French language
- Games with Spanish language
- Games with Italian language
- Games with Korean language
- Playable games
- Games by Namco
- Games with minor issues