Talk:Final Fantasy XII
Fights also are based on timing instead of waiting your turn; so gambits are very important especially when you need a bathroom break. the Game also expanded on FFX-2's "100% mode" which allowed you to keep track of how much of the game (as a whole) you completed. It did so through a feature called the pirates den. You earn trophies from doing things like completing Hunts quests, killing monsters to complete bestiary. As with all final fantasy games, there are many side quests and events. This is the second game in the series to attempt to make these side quests and events a part of the actual game instead of just something you do when you are bored. Game also has boss fights that are more challenging than previous titles (though whether this is due to the mechanics of the fights being changed i am not sure). On top of this, this game was also this is the first final fantasy game to directly relate to another series (unless you count Final Fantasy Adventure) and was part of the "ivalice alliance". Finally, final fantasy 12, was the second game in the series to have a sequel. final fantasy 12 : revenant wings for the nintendo ds.
Final Fantasy 12 International Zodiac Job System English Audio, Jap Subs and Menus/Text (100% patch is available for english users)
this is basically a redux of the whole game. Changes include
- International Zodiac Job System. Your characters are now limited to certain liscenses based on a class you choose once acquiring the character. This cannot be changed except by starting a new game. What this means is you can no longer learn all the liscenses on the board for every character (ie warrior cannot learn magic)
- Colliseum - You battle monsters you unlocked from the beastiary
- Experience - : after beating the game you are presented with a new way to play the game in which your character is stuck at a certain level throughout the whole game and never gains experience.
- Experience + : not sure what this is because i have yet to unlock it. works the same as experience minus
- Ontop of this there are also bonus missions, extra fmv (though not really noticeable, ie some videos are just longer) and most likely many other features that it is up to the user to find :)
So, if you have a copy of the international zodiac job system version do not bother playing the origional. Patch it (google this please) and enjoy :)
I'd consider it a major bug considering not everyone has backups of their Saves. And a lot of users have converted to the Folder Memory Card System. One could potentially lose many hours of work on their Save due to this bug. -- Ryudo (talk) 09:14, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
- When the system was created it was conceived that major issues are those that prevent users from finishing the game without workaround (i.e. game-breaking issues). I agree that loosing your progress can be a "game changing" experience, but not a game-breaking one (if you get my pun) --Ngng (talk) 09:41, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
@Karasuhebi: Regarding your question about whether it's fixed.. it got fixed by Curtiss, but the revision still requires some testing before it's merged with main. (I can't compile the fix at the moment though, so someone else will have to test the games and see if it functions properly. He said FF12 is definitely fixed with it though, but he isn't sure if it works correctly with other games as well. So for now I guess it shouldn't be marked as officially fixed yet until it's actually compiled and stuff. -- Ryudo (talk) 20:48, 7 December 2015 (UTC)
As far as I can see, WS Patch is no longer needed. Here are two screenshots with 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratio without using patches (cheats_ws.zip archive)
PCX2 version 1.6 FF XII SLUS-20963