Tales of the Abyss
Developer(s): Namco (Tales Studio)
Game review links: Metacritic
Game review score: 78/100
Game description: Taking place in a fantasy world, the story focuses on Luke fon Fabre, a young swordsman whose pampered life turns upside down when he unwittingly becomes the target of a military-religious organization known as the Order of Lorelei, who believe him to be the key to an ancient prophecy. Together with his companions, Luke attempts to discover the truth and significance of his own birth, as well as unravel the mystery of The Score, the prophesy that has bound humanity's actions for thousands of years.
||x1.5, INTC Sync, IOP 2x, idle loop, FPS: 55 - 60 (capped). You may want to try using speed hacks, but all cycle modifying speedhacks (sync hacks) are likely to break the game such as loose music and crash in battles.||KabooZ|
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)
||BIOS: USA 2.30, Aside from the ghosting issues that this game has, it does run amazingly well. Ghosting issue can be somewhat fixed by using some of the methods found below. Personally I used the Skipdraw + Shadeboost combination to get around it.||Ryudo|
- To allow 3 and 4 player support, enable multitap on the emulator for port 2, and port 2 on Lilypad ((r4510)0.10.0 and up) plugin. Controls for each player then becomes 1 = Player one, 2A= Player 2, 2B= Player 3, 2C= Player 4.
- If the game fails to load any area, effectively trapping you in maybe one or two areas that you can access, it's due to patching error in the ISO. Very common with undubs.
Ghosting at higher resolution
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: If you use a higher resolution than native "ghost" effect will occur
- Option 1: Enable Hardware Hacks, use TC Offset: 450X, 350Y (For Custom Res of 1920x1080)
- Option 2: When you set Skipdraw to 1, you'll have to use Shade Boost and increase the Brightness to max. Because you'll lose the bloom entirely in the game, causing things to become darker.
- Option 3: Download a patched GSdx. After you have set it as your active plugin, you have to Enable Hardware Hacks, and then enable
Half-Pixel Offset. Use Native x2,3,4,5,6 or higher if you like. Don't use custom resolutions or the patch will not work. You can find the patch here. (Latest GSdx version of the patch is March 1, 2015 and is currently available for SSE4 and AVX2. Other versions can be requested if needed.)