Shadow of the Colossus
Developer(s): Team Ico
Game review links: Link
Game review score: Metacritic: 91/100
Game description: Also known as "Wander to Kyozou" in japan.
Test configuration on Windows:
|Graphics by GSDX SSE41:||r5622|
|Sound by SPU2-X:||r5559|
|Pad plugin is Lilypad:||r5403|
|BIOS version:||USA v2.20|
- Test Config : Works great with r5559 SSE41;
- DX VERSION = 11;
- EE Cycles = 2;
- VU Cycles = 2;
- MTVU = DISABLE;
- Rest as default.
Hack comments: Aggressive-CRC, Half-pixel Offset
|Graphics by ZZogl:||untested|
|Sound by SPU2-X:||untested|
Comments: Because of not very good CPU & GPU (Notebook), I've to used some VU & EE improvements. I typed my settings in the comments above. This game is extremely CPU and GPU intensive, it was running at about 30 FPS even on the original Playstation 2. Setting VU cycle steal to 2 or even 3 helps the game tremendously
- Offical PCSX2 1.1.0 gameplay video: Link
A common emulation error is that the bloom is too high, making it difficult to see much of the screen when out in bright locations.
- Solution 1: Use 2x, 3x or higher internal resolution in the GSdx plugin settings.
- Solution 2: Use Software mode for perfect fix.
- Solution 3: User-modified GSdx plugins (r4893 or higher) are available for download and are designed specifically for the game. Download these plugins and unzip the files into the plugin settings for PCSX2. The over-bloom will be significantly reduced if this is used in GSdx.
- Solution 4: Use newest release of PCSX2.
Unfortunately, raising the internal resolution to eliminate the bloom may cause certain textures to become misaligned. This causes the bloom on Shadow Creatures, Pigeons, Wander's Sword, and Mono's Dress to be placed to the upper-left of their proper position.
- Solution 1: Open up the GSdx plugin settings and search through the configurations until you find the "Half-Pixel Offset" hack. Enabling this hack will re-align the texture.
- Solution 2: Use software mode