Shadow of Rome
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 6/10, : 75/100, : 7.6/10, : 8.2/10
Game description: Travel back to the year 44 BC, to a Rome that suffers from political corruption, unruliness, and violence. Venture through ancient Rome with the help of Agrippa (a soldier whose father is accused of murder), Octavius (Agrippa's best friend), and Claudia (a female gladiator). The game automatically switches between Agrippa and Octavius so you can use each character's special skills to accomplish goals. You can also participate in gladiatorial events, such as chariot racing, tournament battles, and deadly duels.
||v1.1 (svn r5807)||GSdx||?||No bugs.|
||1.5.0 (20180106110542)||GSdx||SPU2-X||Default settings, Speedhacks: MTVU enabled and EE Cycle rate set to stage 2 to stop FMV stuttering. GSdx: Renderer set to OpenGL, and Half-pixel offset hack set to Normal(Vertex) if using 3x upscale.||Yuri|
- Original names: シャドウ・オブ・ローマ (SLPM-65883) & (SLPM-66745)
Missing fullscreen post-fx in Hardware mode
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: These post-fx are being removed due to CRC hacks as they tend to cause a bunch of issues.
- Workaround: You can set the CRC Fix Level to None (Debug) to bring these effects back. In such a case, you will instead need to not use any Skipdraw values, and change the 'Half-Pixel Offset hack to Special (Texture). You will get some semi-transparent white lines on the right-edge of the screen that can't be fixed presently, but on native resolution (or Software mode) the post-fx will work properly.
Excessive blur when upscaling / interlacing ghosting
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: The game uses a lot of post-process vertical blur strips to simulate DoF effects in the game, and unfortunately they don't really work all that well in high resolutions, making the game unbearably blurry and with plenty of ghosting apparent due to the interlace.
- Workaround: You will want to tick the "Disable Interlace Offset" option under the Display tab, and also enable the Skipdraw hack with values 12,40 to remove the blur strips. Lastly, enable the Half-Pixel Offset: Normal (Vertex) hack to properly align the remaining blur filter.
FMVs suffer from constant audio stuttering
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Major
- Workaround: Has been fixed since v1.5.3278 but potentially present in 1.6.0 and fixed in 1.7.X and up. For afflicted version, you'll want to increase the EE Cycle Rate to 2 (180%). The intro FMV for Chapter 3 will freeze at the end if you don't undo this change.