Shadow of Rome
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 6/10, : 75/100, : 7.6/10, : 8.2/10
Game description: Travel back to the year 44 BC, to a Rome that suffers from political corruption, unruliness, and violence. Venture through ancient Rome with the help of Agrippa (a soldier whose father is accused of murder), Octavius (Agrippa's best friend), and Claudia (a female gladiator). The game automatically switches between Agrippa and Octavius so you can use each character's special skills to accomplish goals. You can also participate in gladiatorial events, such as chariot racing, tournament battles, and deadly duels.
||v1.1 (svn r5807)||GSdx||?||No bugs.|
||1.5.0 (20180106110542)||GSdx||SPU2-X||Default settings, Speedhacks: MTVU enabled and EE Cycle rate set to stage 2 to stop FMV stuttering. GSdx: Renderer set to OpenGL, and Half-pixel offset hack set to Normal(Vertex) if using 3x upscale.||Yuri|
- Original names: シャドウ・オブ・ローマ (SLPM-65883) & (SLPM-66745)
Excessive blur when upscaling / interlacing ghosting
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: The game uses a lot of post-process vertical blur strips to simulate DoF effects in the game, and unfortunately they don't really work all that well in high resolutions, making the game unbearably blurry and with plenty of ghosting apparent due to the interlace.
- Workaround: You will want to tick the "Disable Interlace Offset" option under the Display tab, and also enable the Skipdraw hack with values 33,209 to remove the blur strips. Unfortunately this also removes the line pointing to interactible objects on the scene when in range. It is unclear if any other effects might be similarly compromised, you have been warned.
FMV sound playback stuttering
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Major
- Description: FMV playback has audio problems. It stutters every 1 or 2 seconds.
- Workaround: Fixed as of v1.5.0-dev-3278, for older versions go to Config -> Emulation Settings -> Speedhacks, and set the "EE Cycle Rate" hack to 2. Doesn't affect the normal gameplay. The introduction video for Chapter 3 will freeze at the end of playback if EE Cycle Rate is not set back to stage 0.