Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Publisher(s): Midway, Azure (JP)
Game review links: Metacritic
Game review score: 85/100
Game description: Set during World War I, Shadow Hearts: Covenant puts you in the role of Yuri a year after the events of the the original Shadow Hearts and his companions as they journey to find a cure for his curse and defeat the evil cult, Sapientes Gladio.
||BIOS: Japan v2.20, The game can be run at full speed without speedhacks. The spinning wheel in battle is bugged, and it cannot be fixed in hardware mode by changing setting. The bug is very minor and does not affect game play. The bug is not present in software mode.||CKL|
||v1.1.0 r5411||GSdx v0.1.16 r5390||
||Europe v01.70(27/02/2003), Recommended,MTVU, -Hardware mode gets the screen messed up when the judgement ring appears (fixed by using SW mode)|
- Original names: シャドウ・ハーツⅡ (SLPS-25334)
- Also known as Shadow Hearts II (JP), Shadow Hearts II: Director's Cut (JP)
- The game has two possible endings. In the “bad” ending, Yuri's personality and memories are erased by Nicolai's curse, and he spends the rest of his life under the care of Roger Bacon, his old friend. In the “good” ending, Yuri chooses to die so that he doesn't lose his memories and personality to the curse. He then finds himself at the beginning of the previous game. In both endings, Karin travels back to 1887 and is revealed to be Anne, Yuri's mother.
- There's a Director's Cut edition released in Japan only, with extra dungeons and new playable characters.
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: The game looks like a blur filter was applied.
- Workaround: Enable hardware hacks and set TC offset to 350, 350. Do not use half-pixel