Publisher(s): Aruze Corp (JP), Midway (US, EU)
Game review links: : 73/100
Game description: With a mix of turn-based strategy and role-playing game elements, Shadow Hearts presents a magical quest within a deep storyline. The story comes to life with complex characters, intense battle sequences, and unique gameplay mechanics that give you complete control of the action. You play Yuri--the son of a Chinese war hero--as he attempts to uncover an evil scheme and unravel the many mysteries surrounding Shadow Hearts.
Shadow Hearts follows the adventures of Yuri Hyuga, a Harmonixer (Shapeshifter) guided by a mysterious voice in his head. He finds himself thrown into the conflicts prior to World War I where he must save the world and the woman he loves from destruction.
||pre 0.9.7 beta (r1888)||GSdx (r2693)||
||BIOS: Japan 2.20, the game runs better in a software renderer. Some textures don't show in the D3D10 hardware renderer. It can be run at full speed without speed hacks.||CKL|
||0.9.9 (r4980)||GSdx 0.1.16 (r4979)||
||BIOS: USA 2.00, EE CycleRate (2): Noticeable speedup, setting it to 3 causes audio stuttering throughout the game. Idle Loop Fast Forward: noticeable speedup, no issues. MTVU: Noticeable speedup in quads,||Hellbringer616|
||BIOS: USA 2.00, You need to enable clamping mode to full in certain areas because the textures of the room is overlaid on top of the character so they appear invisible. Hardware mode is about 1/3 speed. Software mode got me full speed the entire game., EE Clamping to full causes the game to crash when you jump in the plane in the beginning of the game (after fighting the demon dog). I turned it back to normal and just dealt with the invisible character after that.|
||1.1.0 (r5411)||GSdx v0.1.16 (r5390)||
||BIOS: Europe 1.70 (27/02/2003), Speedhacks: Recommended + MTVU, Pretty slow in Hardware mode (known GSdx limitation), faster in Software mode. Hardware mode has broken battle whirl effect and fusion effect (both work fine in Software mode)|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 x64 (SP1)||
||1.5.0-dev-748||GSdx 1.1.0 - AVX (2016-05-14, 17:18:16)
||SPU2-X 2.0.0||BIOS: Europe 1.60 (04/10/2001), Plays without a problem at a constant framerate of 60 FPS in Hardware mode. The only frame drops I noticed (runs at 86% speed instead of 100%) are at the monastery ruins outside, the forest outside and the graveyard with the tree area. You can fix this with F9 (Software mode) other than that it plays fine. My settings: EE Clamping Mode set to "Full" (solves the invisible character problem). Everything else is set to default. All speedhacks on except for the mVU Flag Hack (info added at 28/7/2016).||stratos|
|NTSC-U||Manjaro 17.0.6 Gellivara||
||1.5.0-dev-2214||GSDX AVX Software||SPU2-X 2.0.0||Works perfectly.|
- Original names: シャドウハーツ (SLPS-25041) & (SLPS-73418)
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: In various environments, characters seem to be invisible.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Emulation Settings > EE/IOP tab, and set Clamping Mode to Full. Note: This change requires a scene change to take effect and will not make already invisible characters visible immediately if enabled while playing.
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: Graphical glitches appear while playing.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and set Texture Filtering back to Bilinear (PS2). The Nearest and Trilinear options can also be used without triggering the issue.
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: The game is very GPU-intensive in Hardware mode (specially for AMD GPUs) outside of battles, causing the game to run at a very low framerate.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and switch to Software mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options. It is safe to switch to Hardware mode during battles by pressing the F9 key. Alternatively set Renderer to "Direct3D9 (Hardware)", as it's much faster than Direct3D10/11 and OpenGL it could gain enough FPS to be playable.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: The FMVs will flicker in hardware mode.
- Workaround: Has been fixed in PCSX2 v1.5.0 Git builds as of the 21st of April, 2016. For older PCSX2 versions: Temporarily switch to a software renderer by pressing the F9 key, or go to Config > Emulation Settings, Game Fixes tab, click "Enable manual game fixes" and turn the "Switch to GSdx software rendering when an FMV plays" fix.