Ratchet & Clank
Developer(s): Insomniac Games
Publisher(s): SCEA (US), SCEE (EU), SCEI (AS, JP)
Genre: Action, Platformer
Game review links: : 88/100
Game description: Ratchet and Clank team up to save the world from the evil Drek, the leader of a dead planet who drains resources all over the universe. As you progress from one alien planet to the next, you'll find or purchase over 36 weapons and gadgets, including a wrench, bomb glove, grappling hook, cannon, machine gun, and rocket launcher. Think about it--you can choose from burning, bombing, exploding or obliterating your enemies. So go ahead, blow it all up.
Ratchet and Clank set out on a quest to gain the help of the famous superhero Captain Qwark to save the galaxy from the Blarg.
||0.9.8 (r4600)||GSdx 0.1.16 (r4643)||
• Fully playable aside from garbage textures and models at a small distance. • The weird colored models can be fixed by setting GSdx to software mode, the FPS will suffer a huge hit. • Can be slightly GPU heavy at parts where a lot is on-screen.
||USA v01.60(07/02/2002), Besides the graphical bugs mentioned below, everything appears to be working fine. FPS hovered around 60 FPS.|
||Europe v01.70(27/02/2003), Still Playable. Game works fine at a good speed. Requires Software Mode to fix the graphics (Mipmapping), the game can be quite slow. I achieved pretty much constant full speed by putting VU Cycle Stealing to 1 and 4 Extra Rendering Threads for Software Mode (this game seems to like them a bit more than normal).|
||If using Hardware Mode: Will caused garbled textures. Use Software Mode. Some textures will appear fuzzy at distance but is fully playable.||OmegaNull|
||GSdx||SPU2-X||Ran at playable speeds with lag when there are a lot of on screen elements.||Clank|
||GSdx||SPU2-X||BIOS: USA v2.2, Ran great, I found it better with EE cyclerate set to 1 (Notice done in Software mode).||Apihl1000|
||1.4.0||GSdx||BIOS: Europe v1.6, Sometimes the distant textures bugs or the game is slowed (10-15 FPS). I recommended Hardware Mode and speedhacks, is more playable.||Aiglerac|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 x64 (Build 14393)||
||BIOS: USA v2.20, Garbage textures still persist. Cutscenes stutter a bit, and game feels slow even at full speed (though it could be my memory of how the game was when I used to play it.) Overall playable, though not the best experience.||Jonbuddy1|
|PAL||Windows 10 Pro x64||
||1.5.0||GSdx SSE4||SPU2-X||BIOS: Europe v1.6, Game runs smooth with no problems. Used all recommended speedhacks, and basic mipmapping.||GouStoulos|
- Original names: ラチェット&クランク (SCPS-15037) & (SCPS-19211) & (SCPS-19316), 라쳇&클랭크: 공구전사 리로디드 (SCKA-20120)
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Serious
- Description: Garbage textures until you stand close to objects due to GSdx not supporting mipmapping in hardware mode.
- Workaround: This can be resolved with the latest v1.5.0 git builds. Go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, and set Mipmapping to "Basic". Or switch to Software Mode by setting Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options. Note: To minimize the potential performance impact of Software Mode, set Rendering Threads to one less than the number of available CPU cores.
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Most menu backgrounds are glitched in GSdx hardware modes.
- Workaround: Use software mode, or ignore it (gameplay is not affected).