PaRappa the Rapper 2
Publisher(s): SCEI (JP), SCEA (US), SCEE (EU)
Game review links: : 67/100, : 67/100
Game description: The original rap star is back in the house! See if you have enough rhythm to keep the beat with everyone's favorite rappin' puppy. Join Parappa and a cast of new and familiar characters on a mission of the utmost importance: prevent the Evil Noodle Syndicate from turning everything into noodles. Check out the funky fresh tunes that are guaranteed to get your toes tappin' and your head bobbin'.
This time, Parappa won a 100 year supply of noodle products. He liked it at first but later got sick of it. His love, Sunny Funny, friendly mocked him by calling him a baby for refusing to eat noodles and he started to question his maturity. But he then noticed something: everything in his town is turning into noodles! Including food! It's now his job to be a grown up and save the day.
||0.9.8 (r4600)||GSdx (r4600)||
||BIOS: SCPH39001, INTC Spin Detection, Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag Hack, mVU Block Hack, VU Cycle Stealing are safe. The game is completely playable.||MyDreamName|
||1.1.0 (r5492)||GSdx SSE41 (r5464)||
||Runs above full speed.|
||v1.5.0 (dev-1999-gd23caa9)||GSdx 1.1.0 SSE2||
||Game speed at 50 FPS (PAL speed) during the entire game with Hardware OpenGL, native resolution and Hardware Depth enabled. No graphical issue, exept for the black/void square at the upper left corner, but it's only a minor issue.||SomosExe|
- Original names: パラッパラッパー2 (SCPS-15017) & (SCPS-19201)
- This is the sequal to the PS1 game PaRappa the Rapper.
Objects sometimes get in the way of lyrics
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Objects sometimes get in the way of lyrics.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, set Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" and make sure Hardware Depth/Depth Emulation is enabled, or set Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options. A different issue will appear in the top left corner of the screen. However, this is a very minor issue that does not get in front of the lyrics.
The "rappin' bad" effect is missing
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: The "rappin' bad" effect is not shown.
- Workaround: There's no known solution.