PaRappa the Rapper 2
Publisher(s): SCEI (JP), SCEA (US), SCEE (EU)
Genre: Rhythm and Music
Game review links: : 67/100, : 67/100
Game description: The original rap star is back in the house! This time, Parappa won a 100 year supply of noodle products. He liked it at first but later got sick of it. His love, Sunny Funny, friendly mocked him by calling him a baby for refusing to eat noodles and he started to question his maturity. He then decided to try and be a grown up, but he noticed something: everything in his town is turning into noodles, including food! So join Parappa and a cast of new and familiar characters on a mission of the utmost importance: preventing the Evil Noodle Syndicate from turning everything in Parappa Town into noodles before it takes over the world. See if you have enough rhythm to keep the beat with everyone's favorite rappin' puppy. Check out the funky fresh tunes that are guaranteed to get your toes tappin' and your head bobbin'.
This game is a sequel to the PlayStation game PaRappa the Rapper.
||0.9.8 (r4600)||GSdx (r4600)||
||BIOS: SCPH39001, INTC Spin Detection, Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag Hack, mVU Block Hack, VU Cycle Stealing are safe. The game is completely playable.||MyDreamName|
||1.1.0 (r5492)||GSdx SSE41 (r5464)||
||Runs above full speed.|
||v1.5.0 (dev-1999-gd23caa9)||GSdx 1.1.0 SSE2||
||Game speed at 50 FPS (PAL speed) during the entire game with Hardware OpenGL, native resolution and Hardware Depth enabled. No graphical issue, exept for the black/void square at the upper left corner, but it's only a minor issue.||SomosExe|
- Original names: パラッパラッパー2 (SCPS-15017) & (SCPS-19201)
- The NTSC-U version of the game went through a censorship due to Beard Burger Master mentioning wine (alcohol) and Guru Ant calling himself the lord (religion). Video source: Parappa The Rapper 2 CENSORED - Music's Song Lyrics Changed (Documentary Purposes)
Objects sometimes get in the way of lyrics
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Objects sometimes get in the way of lyrics.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, set Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" and make sure Hardware Depth/Depth Emulation is enabled, or set Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options. A different issue will appear in the top left corner of the screen. However, this is a very minor issue that does not get in front of the lyrics.
The "rappin' bad" effect is missing
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: The "rappin' bad" effect is not shown.
- Workaround: There's no known solution.