PaRappa the Rapper 2
Publisher(s): SCEI (JP), SCEA (US), SCEE (EU)
Game review links: : 67/100, : 67/100
Game description: The original rap star is back in the house! See if you have enough rhythm to keep the beat with everyone's favorite rappin' puppy. Join Parappa and a cast of new and familiar characters on a mission of the utmost importance: prevent the Evil Noodle Syndicate from turning everything into noodles. Check out the funky fresh tunes that are guaranteed to get your toes tappin' and your head bobbin'.
The sequel to PaRappa the Rapper. This game features a storyline in which all of the foods in PaRappa's town are turning into noodles. This is because of the evil "Noodle Syndicate". PaRappa and his friends must rap in order to beat this evil corporation and restore all of the town's foods.
||0.9.8 (r4600)||GSdx (r4600)||
||BIOS: SCPH39001, INTC Spin Detection, Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag Hack, mVU Block Hack, VU Cycle Stealing are safe. The game is completely playable.||MyDreamName|
||1.1.0 (r5492)||GSdx SSE41 (r5464)||
||Runs above full speed.|
||v1.5.0 (dev-1999-gd23caa9)||GSdx 1.1.0 SSE2||
||Game speed at 50 FPS (PAL speed) during the entire game with Hardware OpenGL, native resolution and Hardware Depth enabled. No graphical issue, exept for the black/void square at the upper left corner, but it's only a minor issue.||SomosExe|
- Original names: パラッパラッパー2 (SCPS-15017) & (SCPS-19201)
Objects sometimes get in the way of lyrics
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Objects sometimes get in the way of lyrics.
- Workaround: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, set Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" and make sure Hardware Depth/Depth Emulation is enabled, or set Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options. A different issue will appear in the top left corner of the screen. However, this is a very minor issue that does not get in front of the lyrics.
The "rappin' bad" effect is missing
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: The "rappin' bad" effect is not shown.
- Workaround: There's no known solution.