PCSX2 Wiki:Community Portal
PCSX2 Wiki and Spam
It seems that the wiki seems to be getting a lot of spam lately; anyone have a plan? MyDreamName 10:50, 13 August 2011 (BST)
- I don't have the rights for deletion here and that's too bad. But other than that the spammers will leave the place if all their attempts will be in vain. It's just a matter of time. --Ngng 06:15, 14 August 2011 (BST)
- By the way, I meant to ask why you don't have deletion rights? Is that because the pages could only be manually deleted by the host (Bositman)? MyDreamName 00:21, 15 August 2011 (BST)
- I have a bit different rights here (for example I cannot promote to admins, though it's not important). But page deletion rights sometimes are crucial especially in case of spam :(. --Ngng 06:10, 15 August 2011 (BST)
- I noticed that all of the spam articles are mostly made with Capitalized Words Like This in the title, except the last word. (with the exception of one article having "a job" not being capitalized). Any way something like that could be fed into a spam filter so that the article isn't made and a red flag appears? Probably not, but it looks like it is one group creating the accounts on different IPs and they all look like they are just spambots with no person behind them, so it might be worth analyzing their patterns if they don't end up going away. MyDreamName 03:43, 16 August 2011 (BST)
- Also - It's funny, the spammers found us even if I can't find this page on any of the major search engines. Must be one of the active users here... I know it isn't me, so it MUST be Bositman... :P MyDreamName 03:52, 16 August 2011 (BST)
- :) Yeah! It's definitely him!
- I still think it's not a bot's work. But if it's not gonna go away there must be some protection from this in a wiki world. There're many farms around and they aren't affected so I must've missed some wiki addon...
- If only I have a little more time for contribution I'd come up with some ideas here or just game updates. Ah, no life for me. :-\ -Ngng 19:04, 16 August 2011 (BST)
I took a look at what Brazil uses for their TV frequencies and discovered the "PAL-M" mode. I was thinking that this could perhaps be added to the template that covers game information, but had the potential to have this part added? I was thinking that this could be done to any other frequencies that don't fit into the three on there. For example, "Air Raid 3" was released in both the EU and Brazil. There is no way to explain the compatibility for both versions on the current template. MyDreamName 02:16, 15 August 2011 (BST)
- It's also the issue with PAL-G (for German games). But it's still PAL in its heart so it could be addressed in the PAL section commentary. We can, of course, modify the template to indicate all those regions but it may only bring confusion to users (besides I doubt that many PAL-M games behave differently compared to PAL, it's possible but very unlikely). Try it if you want to see how it'll look we can always go back (or not). --Ngng 06:05, 15 August 2011 (BST)
Well, I was thinking of modifying the template so that the three default regions (PAL, NTSC-U, NTSC-J) show up, but regions such as PAL-M could be added if necessary by advanced editors. MyDreamName 03:56, 16 August 2011 (BST)
- Go for it then :) (PAL-M looks like the only PAL that is quite different from EU PALs so it might be worth it). --Ngng 18:54, 16 August 2011 (BST)