Genre: Action, Fighting
Game review links: : 68/100
Game description: A new evil sweeps across Tokyo and a young female ninja Hibana is called upon to battle the menacing demons and monsters. Fight enemies atop moving jets and trucks while dodging enemy missiles. Master the ancient Tate Attack and Stealth Dash moves to land multiple fatal blows. Fight your way through 13 destructible locals and defeat the Hellspawn awakened by the ancient Akujiki curse. Put your skills to the test in game modes including Story, Time-Attack and Survival.
Nightshade follows the exploits of a female ninja named Hibana. The game is a direct sequel to the 2002 PS2 game Shinobi. In Nightshade, the player plays as Hibana, a female counterpart to Shinobi's Hotsuma. She is a government-employed ninja tasked with the elimination of members of the Nakatomi Corporation, which has unwittingly unleashed hellspawn upon futuristic Tokyo. She is also ordered to recover the shards of "Akujiki", the legendary cursed sword that Hotsuma used to seal the hellspawn the last time.
||BIOS: USA v2.00, Can get GS slowdowns, 40-60/60FPS because of it. Software mode can be faster.||Machina|
||1.1.0 r5593||GSdx 5580 SSE41||
||1.1.0 r5800||GSdx r5800 SSSE3||
||Game works fine and stable., GSdx Hw mode gives very dark scenes. Software mode works fine.|
- Original names: Kunoichi-忍- (SLPM-65447)
- Also known as くのいち 忍 (JP)
- Widescreen support with .pnatch file from the PCSX2 forums. Search for game CRC. Be aware that the game uses many 2D elements, like the pause screen, the main menu, etc. These will not be resized to the 16:9 aspect ratio and will remain in 4:3. Nothing gamebreaking here, just a reminder.
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Shadows don't appear or cause darkness issues in different levels.
- Workaround: Only software mode in GSdx (F9) shows them. They're ugly shadows tho. The darkness issues they cause with hardware mode are fixed since GSdx r4863.