Jump to navigation Jump to search
Publisher(s): Kid (JP), Konami (JP), CyberFront (JP)
Genre: Visual Novel
Game description: Never7 is the first game in the Infinity series - a sister to Memories Off series - which made famous its creators Takumi Nakazawa and Kotaro Uchikoshi. A romance visual novel with mystery elements, where the main character is trapped in a time loop trying to avert the death he witnessed.
Test configurations on Windows:
|NTSC-J (SLPS 25256)||Windows 10||
||PCSX2 1.6.0||GSdx 1.2.0 SSE4.1/AVX
||SPU2-X 2.0.0||Playable. Problems with video playback (see issues).|
|NTSC-J (SLPM 65689)||Windows 10||
||GSdx 1.2.0 SSE4.1/AVX
||SPU2-X 2.0.0||Playable. This reprint introduces an unskippable intro video which hangs, making it impossible it reach the main menu without a workaround (see issues).|
- Original names: ネバーセブン ジ・エンド・オブ・インフィニティ (SLPS-25256) & (SLPM-65689) & (SLPM-55088)
- Also known as Never7: The End of Infinity (JP)
- Never7 is an expanded version of the original PSX title infinity, adding scenarios from the Neo Geo Pocket version INFINITY cure. and other new content.
- The PS2 version of Never7 is notable for including on the disc a collection of fan made append scenarios, selected by the developers.
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: When playing any of the game's FMVs, at some point it will hang, frozen on a single frame, audio stuck in a loop.
- Workaround: Lowering EE Cyclerate. The lower the setting, the more videos will play until the end. Some will work with "-1", but the others will need -2" or "-3". It seems that on "-3" all of them will play out without hanging. However, the lower the setting, the more distorted the audio becomes. Alternatively, Skip MPEG hack can be activated to skip all videos.
Missing graphics in hardware mode
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Date transition screens are missing the backgrounds when using any of the hardware rendering modes.
- Workaround: Enabling Preload Frame Data HW hack.