Difference between revisions of "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2"
|Line 118:||Line 118:|
|Comments=Software mode (set to 2 cores, also no speedhacks, everything is set to
|Comments=Software mode (set to 2 cores, also no speedhacks, everything is set to ) runs at 60 fps all the time (fixed game speed).
Revision as of 21:28, 7 November 2018
Developer(s): EA Black Box
Publisher(s): Electronic Arts
Game review links: : 9/10, : 89/100
Game description: Need for Speed is back and faster than ever in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. Engage in the next generation thrill of arcade racing with the spiritual successor to Need For Speed III Hot Pursuit. The sequel houses a stable of exclusive and exotic cars from the world's most coveted licensors including Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini. Become the "champion road racer" by conquering numerous racing events, all carrying rewards such as cars, tracks, and high performance upgrades. The game challenges the driver to dodge traffic, police, and natural elements in high speed and high style. And it's up to you to evade any cops on your path, since getting busted just might end your career.
||r4600||GSDX r4643 0.1.16||
||BIOS: SCPH70004, Easy to run this. FPS: ~50||Lagahan|
||1.1.0 r5492||GSdx 5464 SSE41||
||Runs above full speed., Very slight graphics errors.|
||Europe v02.00(14/06/2004), Recommended + MTVU, Automatic Game Fixes, Playable, but requires a powerful GPU (better than mine for sure) or you'll have constant perfomance drops. I had to max out VU Cycle Stealing to get constant 100% speed and that costed me smoothness. Various graphical glitches in Hardware mode. Glitched effects like dust from under tires and glitched lights can be fixed by setting Skipdraw to 5 but this will also remove fog and Depth of Field.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64-Bit||
||1.2.1 r5873||GSdx 10 (Software)0.1.16 r5875||
||Game still has "Sunray" issue but the translucent textures appeared to be fixed. Game runs at a solid 60FPS, only problem was the audio skipping during the opening cut scene.Bios v 2.0 was used.||Zrooney|
|PAL||Windows 10 64-bit||
||1.5.0 r2567||GSdx 1.1.0 OpenGL AVX2||
||Software mode (set to 2 cores, also no speedhacks, everything is set to default) runs at 60 fps all the time (fixed game speed).||LeRutY|
- Original names: 니드 포 스피드: 무한질주 2 (SLPM-67527)
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: In hardware mode fog effects aren't rendered right, smoke effects appear square and there is a gray mist over police arrest cam.
- Workaround: Enable HW Hacks and set Skipdraw to 5. This will remove the fog, fix the smoke effects, but remove the police arrest cam. Use software mode to avoid these issues altogether.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: Textures may appear translucent or semi-transparent at times.
- Workaround: Enable HW Hacks and set Skipdraw until the effect disappears. Setting it to "5" may work.
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: The sunrays may shine through objects or buildings. The cause of this is unknown.
- Workaround: Using software mode will fix this bug. However this issue is minor and software mode may run a lot slower.