Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo
Game review links: : 56/100, : 58/100
Game description: Bandai's newest Mobile Suit Gundam brings movie-quality graphics and super-fast-action gameplay to the PlayStation 2. Take on the role of Amuro Ray and fight against enemy mobile suits in the One Year War. Battle your way through multiple stages and fight for victory in the final battle at Jaburo! Featuring all of the characters and giant robot mecha from the favorite Gundam anime series, the game puts you in the pilot's suit against Zeon's incredible enemy forces. You'll relive the thrilling Gundam first chapter of the original series, recreated with over 40 minutes of new Gundam animation created for the game--only when the fighting starts, you are in control of the RX-78-2! The battles explode with unbelievable effects and graphics propelled out by the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system--each of the amazing transforming mechs are brought to reality in true 3D forms and fight it out in real-time combat amongst the crumbling cityscape of the Earth Federation. For true Gundam buff, battle your way through it all and earn the chance to take command of 20 additional Mobile Suits in Battle Mode! Get ready to kick some rusty metal butt!
||0.9.9 (r4918)||GSdx SSE2 0.1.16 (r4915)||
||• Slows when in wide-open areas or when many enemies are present.
• Must switch to Software rendering to view animated scenes and mission briefings. Full speed may be possible with better CPU/GPU/RAM.
||1.1.0 (r5452)||GSdx SSE41 (r5442)||
||Runs above full speed.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64-Bit||
||1.2.1 (r5873)||GSdx 0.1.16 (r5875)||
||Game only works on software rendering mode. When in hardware rendering mode game refuses to render, but sound still works. Drop in frame rate from 60 FPS to around 30 FPS when close to an explosion, otherwise game ran pretty smoothly at 60 FPS. NTSC-U 2.0 BIOS was used. GSdx Renderer: Direct3D10 (Software).||Zrooney|
- Original names: 機動戦士ガンダム (SLPS-25020), 機動戦士ガンダムVer.1.5 (SLPS-25485)
- Also known as Kidou Senshi Gundam (JP), Kidou Senshi Gundam Ver. 1.5 (JP), Mobile Suit Gundam
Intro FMV not rendering at all (sound is present)
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: The first intro FMV does not appear to work in any renderer. The issue isn't present in any of those that follow after.
- Workaround: None currently. Just skip ahead.