Publisher(s): SCEI (JP), Eidos Interactive (US, EU)
Genre: Action, Shooter, Arcade
Game review links: : 65/100
Game description: The Yamada family will never know what bit them. You are Mister Mosquito, an uninvited guest in the Yamada's family home in Japan. In order to store up enough food for the coming winter, you will need to drink as much of their precious blood as possible while they are in bed, talking on the phone, watching tv, or even taking a bath. The Yamada family knows you are in the house, and they have plans to take you out. Deadly insecticides fill the air, and members of the family have the ability to crush you like a bug. You want a taste of their plasma. They want you dead. Something's gotta give.
The player controls a mosquito named "Mister Mosquito", the game's titular hero, who has taken up residency in the house of the Yamada family, life-sized humans that serve as the protagonist's food source in the game. The goal of the game is to stock up on blood through the summer so that the mosquito will survive the winter ahead. The player is tasked with sucking blood from specific body parts of the family members without being noticed. If the player is not careful, the human will become stressed and eventually attack.
||13 11 2012 1.1.0 r5452-||GSdx 5442 SSE41 [29 10 2012]||
||Runs above full speed.|
||18 05 2013 1.1.0 r5628-||GSdx 5632 SSE41||
|NTSC-U||Windows 8 x64||
||PCSX2 1.3.0-755||GSdx 1.3.0-755||Works fine without speedhacks. EE Cyclerate 1 provides a moderate speed up. VU Cycle Stealing causes the game to freeze.||Cronotrigger30|
- Original names: 蚊 (SCPS-11009), 蚊 PlayStation 2 the Best (SCPS-19101)
- Also known as Mr Moskeeto (EU), Ka (JP)
Impossible blend for D3D: (Cd - Cs) * As + Cd
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: The Memory Card screen is not being rendered correctly.
- Workaround: No known workaround.
Speedhacks may cause issues (In particular VU Cycle Stealing)
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: VU Cycle Stealing 2 and 3 may cause a black screen at the intro screen and also during missions. VU Cycle Stealing 2 may also randomly cause freezing of the game (Cutscenes before missions don't seem to be affected by this.)
- Workaround: Use VU Cycle Stealing 1 or don't use VU Cycle Stealing at all.