Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Genre: Compilation, Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 94/100
Game description: Metal Gear goes online for the first time in Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence! Players can battle or team up with up to 7 other friends for online dominance. Featuring different gameplay modes, new camera system, and robust online play, Subsistence is the game that gives players a brand new Metal Gear experience. Includes MGS3 Snake Eater and all new Online Modes, including Death Match, Team Death Match, Sneaking Mission, Capture Mission, and Rescue Mission. Third Person Camera system gives players more control. Bonus Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake games which have never been released before in the North America. Demo Theater, Duel Mode, and new stages for Snake vs. Monkey mini-game.
||Needs a powerful machine to play at good speeds. The cutscenes are the biggest problem. Setting the SPU2-X Synchronizing Mode to "Async" may speed up the cutscenes but can cause stutter and out of sync problems in-game. Can't use high resolutions unless you have a very powerful graphics card.||Machina|
||0.9.8 (beta r4208)||GSdx 0.1.16||
||BIOS: Japan 2.20, HACKS: Speed hack enable, Something is missing...shadows, texture, just don't know what it is.||Joder666|
||1.1.0 (r5492)||GSdx SSE4 (r5464)||
||Runs above full speed.|
|PAL||Windows 7 x64||
||1.2.1 (r5873)||GSdx (r5875)||
||BIOS: Europe v2.00, Cutscenes run quite smooth but while ingame you need a strong CPU especially when you're using Software mode.||Pyr0|
||1.3.1 (git r1461 g21857ec)||GSdx SSE4||
||Working Post-processing Lighting and Shadows Settings: Use the latest build at buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2,
Emulation Settings: EE/IOP & VU = Chop/Zero & Extra + Preserve Sign, VU's: VU0 & VU1 = SuperVU Recompiler [legacy] (Important! Removes screen artifacts.), GSdx Video Settings: Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware), CRC Hack Level: Partial, Hardware Depth & Accurate Date checked, Blending Unit at least Basic, Your choice on Internal Resolution, Texture Filtering and Anisotropic Filtering
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)||
||v1.5.0 (dev-2162 g8c37418e4)
||GSdx 1.1.0 AVX2
||BIOS: USA 2.30, Finally got my DS3 controller to work properly with this game. The game runs fine aside from the few known issues with graphics. Requires a powerful computer to run at full speed. I used Skipdraw 1 to deal with a massive drop in frame rates whenever 'Stealth Camouflage' was being used. Using Skipdraw 1 did not cause any further weird side-effects in the rest of the game. As mentioned, the DS3 controller is pretty much a must-have for this game. Using the SCPToolkit, the pressure sensitive buttons worked perfectly fine after some minor adjustments to the sensitivity itself in LilyPad's configuration page. (I set the Circle button to 0.600, because it was still a bit too sensitive and I ended up killing soldiers whom were taken in a chokehold. After setting it to 0.600 it worked perfect). Each controller has different calibration ranges for the buttons, so always check and see which sensitivity works best for your controller.||Ryudo|
|NTSC-U||Windows 10 x64||
||GSdx 11 (included)
||BIOS: USA. Note that playing using 1.4 gave _much_ worse performance. The game runs reasonably, considering this is not a gaming rig, but the videos sometimes slow down to 60% (or even lower). Skipdraw 1 and 2 worked pretty well. See my config info.||fintip|
- Original names: メタルギアソリッド3 サブシスタンス (SLPM-66220), 메탈기어 솔리드 3: 서브시스턴스 (SLKA-25353) & (SLKA-25354)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence is an expanded version of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. New features include a new camera angle, online component (which was later released on the PS3 as Metal Gear Online).
- Japanese and North American versions of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence consist of two discs (basic edition) or three discs (limited edition). European and Australian versions always have three discs.
- Three discs of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence contain: updated Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater game (as Subsistence), Metal Gear Online (as Persistence) and a 3.5 hour DVD video disc of Metal Gear Solid 3's cinematics (as Existence).
- Status: Active
- Type: Minor
- Description: Post-processing is disabled in GSdx by default. Enabling post-processing in this game causes huge slowdowns. Certain places can look overbright.
- Workaround: Use the latest 1.5.0 dev builds with OpenGL (Hardware Mode) renderer.
Screen Artifacts in OpenGL (Hardware)
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Affected Game Versions: OpenGL
- Description: Artifacts flicker across the screen in OpenGL.
- Workaround: Enable HW hacks and go to advanced settings and hacks. Set the HalfPixel offset option to Normal (vertex). In the Config menu, select Video(GS) and go to Window settings. set Zoom to 100.50, thereby removing the artifacts.
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: There are various areas where the blending goes wrong. (Shadows look like dark patches, etc).
- Workaround: Use OpenGL (Hardware Mode) in the latest stable build v1.4.0 and up.
- Blending Unit Accuracy: Use Basic and above.
- Software mode (F9) (Old method).
- Type: Note (not an issue)
- Description: Sometimes the MTUV Hack can hurt the performance.
- Workaround: Disable MTVU Hack.