Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Genre: Compilation, Action, Adventure
Game review links: Metacritic: 94/100
Game description: Metal Gear goes online for the first time in Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence! Players can battle or team up with up to 7 other friends for online dominance. Featuring different gameplay modes, new camera system, and robust online play, Subsistence is the game that gives players a brand new Metal Gear experience. Includes MGS3 Snake Eater and all new Online Modes, including Death Match, Team Death Match, Sneaking Mission, Capture Mission, and Rescue Mission. Third Person Camera system gives players more control. Bonus Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake games which have never been released before in the North America. Demo Theater, Duel Mode, and new stages for Snake vs. Monkey mini-game.
Test configurations on Windows:
||Needs a powerful machine to play at good speeds. The cutscenes are the biggest problem.
•Setting the SPU2-X Synchronizing Mode to "Async" may speed up the cutscenes but can cause stutter and out of sync problems in-game., •Can't use high resolutions unless you have a very powerful graphics card.
||BIOS: Japan 2.20, HACKS: Speed hack enable, Something is missing...shadows, texture, just don't know what it is.||Joder666|
||1.1.0 r5492||GSdx 5464 SSE41||
||Runs above full speed.|
|PAL||Windows 7 - 64bit||
||1.2.1 r5873||GSdx r5875||
||BIOS: Europe v2.00
||Working Post-processing Lighting and Shadows Settings: Use the latest build at buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2,
Emulation Settings: EE/IOP & VU = Chop/Zero & Extra + Preserve Sign, VU's: VU0 & VU1 = SuperVU Recompiler [legacy] (Important! Removes screen artifacts.), GSdx Video Settings: Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware), CRC Hack Level: Partial, Hardware Depth & Accurate Date checked, Blending Unit at least Basic, Your choice on Internal Resolution, Texture Filtering and Anisotropic Filtering
- Original names: メタルギアソリッド3 サブシスタンス (SLPM-66220)
- Status: Fixed
- Type: Minor
- Description: Post-processing is disabled in GSdx by default. Enabling post-processing in this game causes huge slowdowns. Certain places can look overbright.
- Workaround: Use OpenGL (Hardware Mode) in Builds v1.3.1 2015-11-15 and up. New blending option was added.
- Blending Unit Accuracy: Use Basic and above.
- Software mode (F9) (Old method).
Screen Artifacts in OpenGL (Hardware)
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Affected Game Versions: OpenGL
- Description: Artifacts flicker across the screen in OpenGL.
- Workaround: In Emulation Settings, under VU choose SuperVU Recompiler [legacy], Chop/Zero and Extra + Preserve Sign to reduce or remove the artifacts.
- Games rated D in Japan
- Games rated M in North America
- Games rated 18+ in Europe
- Games rated MA in Australia
- Games rated 18 in Korea
- CPU intensive games
- Multiplayer games
- Games with English language
- Games with Japanese language
- Games with German language
- Games with French language
- Games with Spanish language
- Games with Italian language
- Playable games
- Games by Aspect
- Games with serious issues