Difference between revisions of "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater"
(New serials confirmed, info is from different sources...)
|Line 208:||Line 208:|
|Workaround=.5.0 builds ()
to and to . to to the .
Revision as of 14:34, 2 June 2019
Publisher(s): Konami (US, JP, KO, EU), Atari (AU)
Genre: Action, Adventure
Game review links: : 91/100
Game description: In the third installment in the Metal Gear Solid series, you reprise your role as Solid Snake, an elite tactical soldier. This time, you are sent on a dangerous mission to both infiltrate enemy territory and uncover the secrets behind a newly created weapon of mass destruction. Survival within the jungle environments and its unpredictable settings requires basic animal instincts, as well as advanced combat and hunting skills. Set in the 1960s, the game features different types of camouflage, open-ended environments, and an array of new weapons and moves.
||0.9.8 (r4463)||GSdx (r4459)||
||BIOS: USA v2.00, Needs a powerful machine to play right. The cutscenes are the biggest problem. Setting the SPU2-X Synchronizing Mode to "Async" may speed up the cutscenes but can cause stutter and out of sync problems in game. Doesn't respond well to big resolutions.||Machina|
||1.1.0 (r5492)||GSdx SSE41 (r5464)||
||Runs above full speed.|
|NTSC-U||Windows 7 64-Bit||
||1.2.1 (r5873)||GSdx 0.1.16 (r5875)||
||Bios v 2.0 was used. GSdx Renderer: Direct3D10 (Software). The game still has the same glitches that were present in 0.9.8. I would recommend switching to Hardware mode for the cut scenes for the up-scaling benefits, but switching to Software mode for the game play.||Zrooney|
||Runs decently, FPS drops on high density scenes and occasional visual glitches but otherwise playable.||Bandit|
||1.3 (git 28.May.2014)||GSdx||
||USA v02.20(10/02/2006), Tested little(in comparation to the entire game). Anyway it's fully playable, no fear.|
|PAL||Windows 10 64-bit||
||1.5.0 (dev-280 gea1a994)
||Runs fine, no ghosts but still needs testing.||Briarheart|
- Original names: メタルギアソリッド3 スネークイーター (SLPM-65790) & (SLPM-65789), 메탈 기어 솔리드 3 스네이크 이터 (SLKA-25251)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence is an expanded version of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. New features include a new camera angle, online component (which was later released on the PS3 as Metal Gear Online).
- Japanese and North American versions of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence consist of two discs (basic edition) or three discs (limited edition). European and Australian versions always have three discs.
- Three discs of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence contain: updated Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater game (as Subsistence), Metal Gear Online (as Persistence) and a 3.5 hour DVD video disc of Metal Gear Solid 3's cinematics (as Existence).
- Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (メタル・ギア / メタル・ギア2 ソリッド・スネーク) is a bonus disc appears in three Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater editions (Metal Gear 20th Anniversary, PlayStation 2 the Best and Konami Dendou Selection). The disc includes PS2 versions of Metal Gear (MSX2) and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) most likely ported from mobile phone versions.
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Description: Post-processing is disabled in GSdx by default. Enabling post-processing in this game causes huge slowdowns. Certain places can look overbright.
- Workaround: Use the latest 1.5.0 dev builds with OpenGL (Hardware Mode) renderer.
Screen Artifacts in OpenGL (Hardware)
- Status: Active
- Type: Serious
- Affected Game Versions: OpenGL
- Description: Artifacts flicker across the screen in OpenGL.
- Workaround: Enable HW hacks and go to advanced settings and hacks. Set the HalfPixel offset option to Normal (vertex). In the Config menu, select Video(GS) and go to Window settings. set Zoom to 100.50, thereby removing the artifacts.